Saturday 13 January 2024

Simon Says Stamp Smitten and Sweetheart Blog Hop ~ Day 2

Hello everyone and welcome to Day 2 of the Smitten and Sweetheart Blog Hop ~ day 1 of this hop can be found here!

I'm so excited to be joining this hop and you might have arrived here from my extremely talented friend, the amazing Alberto Gava but if not, and you want to catch up with everyone who is participating in this hop, then don't worry because you can head back to the beginning, HERE.

For my card set, I chose to combine products from the two releases and used the beautiful Flower Love Stamp Set with the Friendship Leafy Cluster stamps to create a couple of projects that celebrates friendship. You can check out all the fabulous new products in the Sweetheart release, HERE and the Smitten release, HERE.



So you've seen the cards, and it's time to share how I created them...

To begin with I made my background, which is one sheet of black heavystock card that I stamped the design onto, and then cut into three separate panels which I used on the two card projects.

BACKGROUND

With the panel of black heavystock card in front of me, I took the larger leafy clusters stamp from the stamp set and inked this with Versamark Clear Ink. I then stamped the pattern, one leaf at a time, onto the outside edges of the cardstock, leaving plenty of open space in the centre of the panel. After sprinkling with gold embossing powder, I then heat set the powder until molten and glossy.



Now to colour the leaves, and for this, I used a combination of Polychromos Pencils and Tim Holtz's Wicked Elixir Mica Spray Stain. I began by colouring inside the embossed areas with the various shades of green pencils, this helps to intensify the colour of the Mica Stain. Once I had coloured all the leaves, I then spritzed some of the stain onto my glass mat and used a waterbrush, or a paintbrush to apply a colour wash over the top to create the beautiful shimmer.

Allow for the mica stain to dry before cutting the background into three separate panels which are ready to cut and use on the cards.

2 panels measuring 8.5 x 11.5cm and a 3rd panel to measure 3 x 8.5cm.

After machine stitching a border around the outside of the panel, I matted each panel onto gold metallic kraft stash, leaving a border around the outside.

FLOWERS

I used the Flower Love Stamp set to create the selection of flowers that I used on each of the cards. The flowers are all stamped in clear embossing ink onto black card and then I coloured them in exactly the same way as I coloured the leaves, first a layer of polychromos pencils and then I painted the Mica Spray Stain over the top to create the shimmery, jewelled tones.

For the flowers I used the following colours of Mica Stain:

Yuletide, Juniper Berry, Snow Flurries and Flickering Candle

Once the colour was laid down, and I was happy with the tones and intensity, I actually fussy cut each bloom because I don't own the matching die set. But if you don't like cutting and would like the die set, that is available HERE.

With all the components ready, it's time to make the cards.

CARD No. 1

Kraft card blank measurement: 15.5 x 12cm

To create the first layers on the card, I cut a panel of black card, 15 x 11.5cm and attached this to the card blank.

Using one of the 8.5 x 11.5cm stamped background panel, ink up the 'I cherish our' and the 'friendship' stamps from the Friendship Leafy Cluster set with Versamark Clear Ink and stamp this onto the left hand side of the card panel, placing it in one of the open spaces.

Sprinkle gold embossing powder over the sentiment and heat emboss until molten.

Taking a splatter brush, lightly splatter gold paint over the surface, and set to one side to dry.

Using 8 of the stamped flowers, I arranged these onto the card panel, layering some of the stamps over the top of one another to create dimension and using foam pads to attach each of them.

I mounted the finished panel onto a piece of black cardstock, slightly larger than the artwork and with a machine stitched border before mounting these layers onto a final layer of gold metallic kraft stash.

I then mounted the panels onto the card blank using foam pads.

Finally, I added three of the Rainbow Splash Drops to complete this card.

CARD No.2

Kraft card blank measurement:18 x 11.5cm

For this card, I cut a black card panel slightly smaller in size than my card blank and then wrapped a piece of hand dyed Tim Holtz's Mummy Cloth Trimming around the card.

This strip of cloth is dyed using a combination of Shabby Shutters and Antique Linen Distress Spray Stains before heat drying until thoroughly dry. I then wrapped the trimming around the card, and tied it into a bow on the left hand side to secure it into position.

For this card, I used the remaining two stamped and coloured panels both of which are matted onto gold metallic kraft card. 

As with the previous card, I stamped the sentiment, Friends Make The World Beautiful, onto the larger sized panel and lightly splattered gold paint across the surface before I mounted both panels onto a piece of black card, 16 x 9.5cm which once again had a machine stitched border around the outside.

Using foam pads, mount the layered card panels onto the front of the card blank and to complete the card, I used the remaining two stamped flowers, layering one over the top of the other with foam pads. This flower is attached it to the left hand side of my card.

Finally, I placed three of the droplets onto the sentiment panel and one larger sized droplet in the centre of the flower and that completes both of my card projects for this hope and i hope you love what i've created.


HOP ORDER:


Simon Says Stamp Blog 

Nina-Marie Trapani

Caly Person

Jennifer McGuire

Suzy Plantamura

Amy Rysavy

Debby Hughes

Emily Midgett

Lisa Addesa

Alberto Gava

Emma Williams ♥️ You are here!

Heather Hoffman

Carly Minner

Tracy Ware

Jessica Vasher


Simon Says Stamp is giving away a $25 coupon to every stop on the blog hop from the blog comment section! So, this means you can leave a comment here and on every stop along the way to increase your chances. Winners will be notified and they will be posted on the Simon Says Stamp blog on Wednesday, 17th January and all winners will need to contact/email Simon Says Stamp to claim their prize. 

Also, don't forget that you have until the 14th January at 11:59 EDT to claim a free gift with every purchase! The Hearts and Stars Stencil is available whilst stocks last and all you need to do is enter the code HTZ24 at checkout.

Thank you so much for stopping by today and don't forget to go and check out Day 1 of the hop!!!
See you soon, Emma x


95 comments:

  1. You’re cards are stunning!!!!! Thank you for sharing the recipe. 😍😍

    ReplyDelete
  2. YOWZA!!! The Layers! The Stitching! The Embossing! The Dark Backgrounds! These are all sooooo GORGEOUS!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. OH MY GOSH! Love Love Love! The layers are just...You have really show cased this set on a whole other level! I am lost with words. Beautiful card!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are STUNNING! I LOVE the gold embossing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jen Gerwig-Dively13 January 2024 at 14:44

    These are absolutely stunning! Beautifully done.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous is an understatement and so much detail and time! I always like dark backgrounds but rarely remember to use them. This will stand out in my mind, for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Simply stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Jacqueline Crawford13 January 2024 at 15:14

    Loving the dark background! Just spectacular.

    ReplyDelete
  9. These are absolutely gorgeous! I will try my best to recreate them or something similar. Just. Beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a beautiful card! The colored pencils with mica is so rich! Thank you so much for sharing this with us.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am not making this comment to get entered for a prize, because I never remember to check the site to see if I have won - but to just tell you these are the most beautiful cards I have ever seen! Totally Awesome! Wish you did videos.

    ReplyDelete
  12. barbara lassiter13 January 2024 at 15:51

    These are so stunning. Your technique for creating the lovely colors is awesome and thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Absolutely beautiful! I’m going to try this technique.

    ReplyDelete
  14. These are amazing cards. I forwarded your blog to my email so I can slowly read what you did to make,these masterpieces!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love the look of these beautiful leaves and flowers against the black background!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wonderful artwork with the gold, framing & do much more.
    Melissa
    "SunshineHoneyBee"

    ReplyDelete
  17. Absolutely gorgeous!! Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  18. These cards are so beautiful!! Love the dark background!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Gorgeous! The gold and the colors you used are so striking

    ReplyDelete
  20. Gorgeous cards, like the gold borders and your deep colors!

    ReplyDelete
  21. These are incredible! I love seeing how the mica stain works on black and the gold embossing pop out. Simply stunning.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Very striking and gorgeous cards!

    ReplyDelete
  23. So unique and beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  24. WOW WOW WOW! I love the dark background and the stitching plus the embossing. Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  25. The dark background really does make the card stunning! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Wow-I can't believe you stitched that border. (I do not sew at all so that is very impressive to me!) Using the stamps on the dark card stock is such an interesting and different way to present this. Onc again, another way to use the Leafy Friendshp set. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  27. I never think to use dark cardstock like you did but I will now Ü
    How absolutely stunning! They are truly beautiful ♥

    ReplyDelete
  28. These cards are absolutely gorgeous! I love the elegant colors and sophisticated designs.

    ReplyDelete
  29. Love how you used a dark background and embossing to make the image stand out! Beautiful!!!

    ReplyDelete
  30. WOW, WOW, WOW! The colors glow. And the gold is incredible. What a gorgeous look you achieved!!!

    ReplyDelete
  31. Emma these are so gorgeous. Your attention to detail is perfect! Lovely job, TFS

    ReplyDelete
  32. Stunning, the colors are awesome! Thanks for sharing how they were created.

    ReplyDelete
  33. Beautiful cards. Love the black background. So beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  34. I love your cards with the gold embossing on the black background. Thanks for the clear explanation of how you made them.

    ReplyDelete
  35. Stunning! Love the leaves on the black. Wowza!

    ReplyDelete
  36. Absolutely stunning!! I love the colors on that black background and I love the design, stitching and splatter!!

    ReplyDelete
  37. Gorgeous cards... love the dark color combinations.

    ReplyDelete
  38. Wow, wow, wow! Your cards are so amazing, they are like no others. These cards are in a league of their own! I absolutely love, love, love your cards, they are unique, beautiful and So inspiring ❤️

    ReplyDelete
  39. Wow, your cards are absolutely beautiful, the words memorizing & moody came to my mind as I looked at them. GORGEOUS !!

    ReplyDelete
  40. Your cards are stunning with the colors against that black background.

    ReplyDelete
  41. I am very intrigued by the dark background. I need to up my game!

    ReplyDelete
  42. Wow!! So stunning and beautiful! I love the dark background with the mica stain. Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  43. Beautiful and stunning! So much work to create this art piece! Lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  44. Thank you for teaching me a new technique! I love the colors! I using black cardstock and always looking for new ideas to use on it.

    ReplyDelete
  45. Nancy K Rodeberg14 January 2024 at 00:29

    Wow! I read through your process, amazing results! Gorgeous cards!

    ReplyDelete
  46. So interesting I love how these turned out!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Paulette Still craftqueen 417 at yahoo dot com

      Delete
  47. Very detailed cards, love the stitching and deep warm colors used!

    ReplyDelete
  48. Stunning cards!

    ReplyDelete
  49. I'm such a huge fan of your art. You are such an inspiration. .as I mentioned before I love the dark background. Stunning

    ReplyDelete
  50. So much work and do worth it, their beautiful! I really liked the leaf card.

    ReplyDelete
  51. I want to use a different adjective, but STUNNING is absolutely the right word, no question.

    ReplyDelete
  52. Absolutely stunning, Love the jewel tones created on the dark CS

    ReplyDelete
  53. Your cards are absolutely gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  54. Marisela Delgado said: Stunning, absolutely gorgeous! Like WOW! mariandmonsterd@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  55. Love these designs against the dark papers! So pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  56. Love your take on this set with the dark background and softly colored flowers and leaves. Just lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  57. Absolutely STUNNING!!! I can’t stop looking at these cards!

    ReplyDelete
  58. Your cards are elegant and rich looking. Just beautiful! Dorothy Ayotte

    ReplyDelete
  59. Lauryne Cunningham14 January 2024 at 12:36

    Wow! Your cards are stunning! I love the shimmer and dimension! The flowers really pop!

    ReplyDelete
  60. These cards are absolutely gorgeous. Thanks for the detailed instructions, I greatly appreciate it. Now I can try to practice that coloring technique once I have the product. Does this work with other pencils other than the ones you used?

    ReplyDelete
  61. Really Gorgeous cards - I love the rich colours you have used.

    ReplyDelete
  62. Very unique technique on the black.

    ReplyDelete
  63. Wow, the color combinations are perfect. Dark and rich but not brooding. Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  64. Wow very interesting card. Love it! Totally different than I’m used to seeing but it’s so awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  65. These are amazing. It blows my mind how you got such brilliant colors on black cardstock!

    ReplyDelete
  66. Wow! These cards are works of art. So Beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  67. WOW, Emma! Just WOW! These cards are gorgeous! Your colors are amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  68. Your cards are so eye catching, gorgeous florals and leaves against the stark black!

    ReplyDelete
  69. Elegant cards. I would not have thought to use black card stock.

    ReplyDelete
  70. Very elegant! Love all these leaves!!!

    ReplyDelete
  71. Stunning!! Such a different style and I loved to read how you all did it. Really nice cards.

    ReplyDelete
  72. Emma, your cards are stunning!! I love the bright and shiny coloring of the flowers and leaves...brilliant, on the black background! Just gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete
  73. So pretty! Love the dark background. I can't pick a favorite. They are all gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  74. Stunning! Those cards are so beautiful, thanks for sharing your technique!

    ReplyDelete
  75. Both cards are so classy and elegant.
    Thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  76. Love your bold, dramatic floral card designs, and all the stitching!! How lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  77. Great design and use of color for the images.

    ReplyDelete
  78. Wow!!!! Really Stunning cards!!!! I love the gold layers!!!

    ReplyDelete
  79. Gorgeous! Love the way it looks on the black background.

    ReplyDelete
  80. Enjoyed viewing your cards. They were done with skill and patience. Very classic.

    ReplyDelete
  81. Your cards are gorgeous with such great dimension and depth! The colors and the gold touches are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  82. Truly works of art...just stunning! These colors all work so well agains the dark background.

    ReplyDelete
  83. OMG - what gorgeous cards - simply stunning - LOVE the gold and black combo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OMG - what gorgeous cards - simply stunning - LOVE the gold and black combo

      Delete

Thank you for all your comments and messages, they are all appreciated and I hope you'll come back and visit again soon...
Emma ~xx

Powered By Blogger

Total Pageviews