Saturday 5 March 2016

Simplicity...

Hey everyone!

Hope you've all had a great start to the weekend and thank you to those who commented on yesterday's blog post! 

It's been a busy week, which yesterday culminated in a huge write up session of magazine instructions...I made it through 11 sets of instructions plus a scheduled blog post and at the moment, I'm slowly getting the use back in my fingers, lol! 

But I'm just popping by with a quick tag that I made this morning, created out of leftovers from previous projects that were just sitting on the table and begging to be put together. So with this in mind, and with Mother's Day tomorrow...what could be nicer than to make a homemade tag to go with my Mum's present! As always, I hope you love what I created...
The pink flower is made from Tim Holtz's Tattered Florals die ~ I layered 8 of the individual petals over the top of one another, gave them a good water spritzing to break down the fibres, before scrunching them together and then shaping them into a flower shape. Once the basic flower shape is dry, I then painted them with gesso, heat dried this stage before applying a coat of Picked Raspberry Distress Paint over the top.
I attached the flower with some dyed crinkle ribbon to my stencilled tag and added a stamped quote from Tim Holtz.

For all those celebrating Mother's Day tomorrow, I hope you have a wonderful day and enjoy!
See you soon...Emma xx

9 comments:

  1. Your mum will love it Emma. I love using this colour palette it's always so uplifting. Great way to use all those leftovers. Enjoy your weekend. Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Emma sounds like one helluva week but instead of getting some 'recharge' today you are creating again ! .
    A beautiful tag love the 'gradual' stenciled background - perfect for that gorgeous spray. The sentiment , with the emphasised 'Beauty' says it all !
    I'm sure your Mum will adore it and beam with pride knowing she has one very talented, beautiful, caring daughter . Big hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh wow - STUNNING Emma. It will be PERFECT for you Mum. j.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful tag, love the colours.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Emma, this is beautiful. x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your mum will be happy and proud of you! you are an Artist! barbara

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is beautiful. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  8. OH my gosh, Emma! This is one of my favorite projects of yours to date! Fabulous colors and design! What a gorgeous tag!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Dear Emma, can I have your leftovers?? My leftovers usually hit the bin

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for all your comments and messages, they are all appreciated and I hope you'll come back and visit again soon...
Emma ~xx

Powered By Blogger

Total Pageviews