Monday 11 October 2010

The Witching Hour

Another weekend has come and gone...and I survived the highs and lows of the weekend's television. Merlin, Strictly Come Dancing and then The X Factor and yes, all the controversy of who stayed and who went!! I must also say how much I'm enjoying Downton Abbey...it's such a wonderful piece of drama and perfect for a Sunday night.

I also had some time to watch one of my favourite designers on QVC, Simon Wilson of Butler and Wilson and as always, I was tempted by what he was showing, especially the Spider t-shirt and ring. It's amazing how something that terrifies me in real life...fascinates me when it's in crystal! Simon is such a lovely man and an inspiration to me. His jewellery and clothes are stunning and he never fails to amaze me with his designs...the man is a genius, I adore him!!

Anyway, time to share my card and I really hope you love it...because I am very proud of this one!
Using the same technique that I used on this card, here...I made the background to the image by blending and building it up with Distress Inks. The stamps, are some that I recently bought at Ally Pally and are from Lavinia Stamps and what is so wonderful about these stamps, is that because they are all individual, you are in control, you are the artist and you can make up the image! The roses are all handmade using some black mulberry paper and the Tim Holtz Tattered Florals Die from Sizzix. Once all the components were made, I wanted to keep it simple and let them speak for themselves, so I just used some co-ordinating papers to matt and layer.





I also loved this image so much, that I made a matching candle to go with the card.
 My handmade roses!
So, I hope you love them, as much as I love making them to share with you all. And finally, I have some more exciting news to share with you all...yesterday, the wonderful Barbara Gray asked if I would like to join her design team at Clarity Stamps and of course, I accepted. I'm actually having to pinch myself, it's like a dream come true and I'm so excited to be working with Barbara and can't wait to get started.
Have a wonderful week!!
Love Emma
xxx

2 comments:

  1. oh wow...I LOVE the image you created with the Ally Pally stamps SO MUCH! the detail and layout is just perfect! :D
    ...and the flowers are amazing! that deep black colour and texture is quite impressive!
    I never thought a Halloween project could be so elegant but you certainly pulled it off! :D

    and a HUGE congratulations are in order for being added to the Clarity Stamp Design Team!!! So proud of you and so chuffed at all your success! :* <333

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG! Team Clarity!! Woohoo! You can teach me Barbara's tips and tricks LOL ...She is awesome with that brayer!!

    Love your card as usual and the candle looks spooktacular! haha!

    I missed Simon Grrr! but would have only spent yet more money anyway :)
    Breast Cancer Care tomorrow...he is on and dawn too =D
    xoxox

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for all your comments and messages, they are all appreciated and I hope you'll come back and visit again soon...
Emma ~xx

Powered By Blogger

Total Pageviews