Wednesday, 21 July 2010

Cheeky Mate

And now for today's card...and something a little bit different!

As I've mentioned before, I love experimenting with different shapes and since I bought my Cuttlebug and Big Shot, I have an absolute passion for die cutting! So, this card is combining both those elements, together with some beautiful K and Company papers and this fabulous little image,  called "Cheeky Mate" from The Greeting Farm, that I handstamped and coloured in using Promarker Pens.
So, how did I make this card. Firstly, I used a Spellbinders Nestabilities, large scalloped circle shape and die cut the basic card blank, which I then made into an easel card. I then covered the card with this beautiful spotted paper by K and Company and used Distress Ink around the edges to give an overall  grungy feel to the card.

Once that was done, I set it aside and using the Tim Holtz, Gadget Gears die from Sizzix, I die cut the shapes from some heavyweight pearlescent cardstock. I then adhered these to the card blank together with my coloured, stamped image.

I used some twine and a greetings plaque from Craftwork Cards as finishing touches and then because, I'm a bit of a perfectionist and wanted this card to stand on it's own and not fall over, I mounted the whole card on a base that I die cut, using the Circle Cutter from WRMK. And here's the final result...hope you love it as much as I do!!
Enjoy the rest of your week and thank you for stopping by and taking a look. I really appreciate all your comments and love!!
Emma
xx

3 comments:

  1. Brilliant - I LOVE IT!

    Kathyk

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW! that's such a unique card! interesting olive colouring and with that "Cheeky" image and gears from Tim Holtz, it's VERY reminiscent of World War II..one of the Andrews Sisters, perhaps! :) LOVE IT!

    A brilliantly crafted card! :D <333

    ReplyDelete
  3. very very cool and wonderful!

    greetings Kati

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for all your comments and messages, they are all appreciated.
Please come back and visit me soon...
Emma ~xx

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Total Pageviews