Hello everyone...
Hope you've all had a fabulous weekend and you're ready for a new week if adventures and crafting!
As always, the start of a new week means we have a new challenge over on the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge Blog, and we want you to USE MORE THAN ONE STENCIL on your makes and hope you'll join us and play along with this fun theme.
For my project, I created a spooky tag and used products from Tim Holtz, Stampers Anonymous and SSS to create this project all about the Bone Collector...
So, let's get started, it's time to get for me to share all the details of this tag....
To begin with I used a Mini Etcetera Tag as my base, together with Mosaic Etcetera Tiles ~ all by Stampers Anonymous.
TAG and TILES BACKGROUND
To create my background for this piece, I cut two pieces of Mixed Media Heavystock Card. Taking one of the pieces of the card, I used a palette knife to apply Black Opaque Texture Paste through the Stampers Anonymous/Tim Holtz Crossed Layering Stencil and on the second piece, I applied the same paste through the Script stencil. Allow for each piece to dry and make sure to wash the stencil and palette knife immediately.
Once the paste was dry, I added the colour using a combination of Unravelled, Decayed, Ominous Mica Spray Stains.
At this stage, I also spritzed a third piece of the cardstock with the Mica Sprays but didn't apply paste to this piece.
Once I was happy with the colour, and the card was dry, I cut the Script stencilled card into pieces to fit four of the tiles measuring 1.5 x 3 inches and then cut the remaining card, stencilled with the Crossed design into four 1.5 x 1.5 inches pieces. Adhere each of these pieces onto the Etcetera Tiles with Matte Collage Medium.
Taking the tiles, I placed these a Mini Etcetera Tag, attaching them to the centre of the tag, starting with the square tile in the top left, followed by the rectangular tile, next to it and then working down the tag, alternating the tiles each time to complete the four rows.
At the top and bottom of the tag, I added the plain pieces of Mica stained card, placing them to cover the bare areas of the tag itself and trimming away the excess.
Apply Walnut Stain Distress Crayon along the edges and between the joins of the tiles to complete the background and in the top right corner, I added an October 31 Ephemera label from the Halloween Ephemera Pack, attached with Matte Collage Medium and with a small ripped piece of Cello Sticker Tape.
FOCAL POINT
Now we move onto the focal point of this tag, the part that tells the story of the Bone Collector.
For this I used the Tim Holtz and Simon Says Stamp Co-Ordinating Anatomy Chart stamp and die bundle.
I stamped the images of the hand and the femur bone onto a piece of Mixed Media Heavystock card and coloured them with Distress Watercolor Pencils before die cutting them with the co-ordinating dies.
After inking the edges of each die cut with Walnut Stain Distress Ink, I shaped the hand into a curve and together with the bone die cut, I attached them to my background using foam pads.
To the left of the stamped images, I placed an Ephemera Piece. This was actually from an older set of idea-ology Baseboards but it can also be found in the Halloween Ephemera Pack but if you use this piece, I would mount it onto a piece of chipboard or cardstock before attaching it to the project.
To complete this section, I used the "Bone Collector" Word Plaque from the Halloween Word Plaques and Tags set and altered the silver metal with Distress Paint; Black Soot, Antiqued Bronze, Crackling Campfire. I then accentuated the raised lettering with a coverage of Treasure Gold gilding wax that I have in my stash.
I attached the plaque to the background using foam pads to add dimension and then added a screw head onto either side, again altered with the same Distress Paints to match the rest of the plaque.
LEDGE
Along the bottom of the tag, I added a ledge that is filled with haunted treasures.
To create the ledge, I used two Pinked Etcetera Trims and stuck these together to form one thick ledge which I then attached along the bottom edge of my raised Etcetera Tile panel.
Now, all I need to do is fill the ledge with all these treasures using the following products from Tim's idea-ology range:
Drippy Candles, Corked Vials, tiny Corked Vials, mini books made using the covers from the Halloween Ephemera pack and labels on the spine from the Curator Snippets pack, Halloween Skulls and bones from the Boneyard pack
There are lots of tutorials on my blog showing how I alter and create these tiny pieces, and these techniques can be searched for in the search engine, which is just on the left hand side of my blog...
But for now, once all my little trinkets were made, I attached them to the ledge using Matte Collage Medium.
![]() | ||
Tiny Books and Skulls
|
FINISHING DETAILS
We're nearly there and all that's left is to add those all important finishing touches.
I added some drippy wax around the bases of the candles by using my hot glue gun and just allowing the glue to ooze out and then drip. Once this is dry, I painted the glue with a layer of Antique linen Distress Paint, allowed this to dry, then dabbed on a light coverage of Ground Espresso Distress Paint.
I finished with some small clumps of moss and hammered some Nail Tacks into the tag.
Finally, I added the final creepy touch, a small spider. This is from the Halloween Adornments pack and I painted it black. I then attached it to my project, placing it so it appears to be held in place with the finger on the stamped hand.
So, that's my project complete and I hope you love what I've created and the techniques I've used.
Don't forget that every week, one lucky random participant has the chance to win a $25 gift voucher from Simon Says Stamp and you can join in up to 5 times, which means you could have 5 chances to win. You have until next Monday at 8am Ohio time. 1pm UK time, 2 pm CET to join in and good luck....
Recipe for project:






No comments:
Post a Comment
Thank you for all your comments and messages, they are all appreciated and I hope you'll come back and visit again soon...
Emma ~xx