Sunday, 27 September 2026

Frozen...

Happy Sunday....

Hope you all had a wonderful and enjoyed yesterday's Tim Holtz STAMPtember Technique Workshop. If you missed it, you can watch the replay HERE.

As soon as I saw this beautiful kit, I knew it was a must have ~ the stamp sets are stunning, and there were matching dies which means no fussy cutting, plus the kit itself was such amazing value for money. Sadly it has sold out but don't worry as you can always use many of Tim's other stamp sets to create exactly the same results.

But in celebration of the workshop, I've created an Etcetera Panel project which I hope you love...

For this project, and apart from the kit itself, I used some extra idea-ology items, Matte Collage Medium, embossing ink and powder. The clouds are from Tim's Edison Colorize Thinlits die set and the extra foliage was cut using the Vault Festive Wreath Die. Both of these die sets are by Sizzix.

BACKGROUND

I covered the edges of the panel with some of Tim's Design Tape that I have in my stash and this formed a border.

I cut a panel of watercolour card for the background and using the Stormy Sky Distress Stain in the kit, I added droplets of the stain to my craft mat, spritzed it with water and then smooshed my card to pick up the colour. Once I was happy, I heat dried the card.

I then stamped the snowflakes onto the background using the stamp from the Season of Magic stamp set and embossed these with white embossing powder.

After adding a machine stitched a border, I adhered the background to my Etcetera Panel.

To create the snowdrift in the background, I cut a piece of the watercolour card to fit across the bottom section of the panel and then using a pencil, I drew a wavy line along the top edge of the panel and cut along the line to form the snowdrift.

I wrapped a piece of the Candy Cane Twine around the bottom of the snowdrift, tied it into a big fluffy bow and added a mini pin to the knot before I attached the completed piece to my panel using foam pads.

SCENE

To create the scene I used both stamp sets from the kit ~ the snowman, tree and foliage and stamped these images using the Nocturne Black Versafine Clair Ink Pad onto the watercolour cardstock.

I watercolored each image with the Distress Stains included in the kit and then used the co-ordinating dies to die cut them. I then applied Glossy Accents where I wanted to add Rock Candy Glitter Highlights. You can see I added them to the tree, the snowman's hat and the foliage pieces.

Using foam pads, I attached them to my background to form the wintery scene.

At this stage, I also added a little more foliage. This was die cut from watercolour card, coloured with Rustic Wilderness Distress Stain, using the same technique as I used on the background to apply colour to the cardstock. I then used the Vault Festive Wreath die set to die cut each piece, and applied Rock Candy Glitter to add some more frosty magic.

To complete the scene, I stamped the shining star and attached this to my background....

...before stamping the sentiment 'winter wishes' which I then die cut with the co-ordinating die set and attached to the right of the snowman.

FINISHING DETAILS

For the finishing details, I added some more glitter along the base of the images to ground them and make it look even more sparkly.

For the clouds, I used one of Tim's older die sets, Colorize Edison and I cut these clouds from more of the watercolour card before adding some shading and attaching them to my project with foam pads.

Finally, I stated added a postal stamp ephemera piece, and some cello sticker tape which completed my panel full of wintery magic.

Thank you so much for taking the time to stop by today...see you soon!
Love Emma xxx

Recipe for project:

STAMPtember Kit SOLD OUT
Tim Holtz/Stampers Anonymous: Etcetera Panel
Sizzix: Big Shot, Edison Colorize Thinlits Die Set, Vault Festive Wreath
Tim Holtz Idea-ology: Cello Sticker Tape, Christmas Ephemera Pack, Design Tape Trim from my own stash

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for all your comments and messages, they are all appreciated and I hope you'll come back and visit again soon...
Emma ~xx

Powered By Blogger

Total Pageviews