Friday 22 March 2024

Simon Says Stamp Be Bold Blog Hop Day 1

Hello everyone and welcome to Day 1 of the Be Bold Blog Hop!

I'm so excited to be joining this hop and you might have arrived here from Jean Doeringsfeld's blog, but if not, and you want to catch up with everyone who is participating in this hop, then don't worry because you can head back to the beginning, HERE.

For my card, I chose to use the Lush Leaves Dies, the Lilac Pawsitively Dazzling Gems and the Mamacita Stamp Set from this release, to create a card celebrating a very special person in my life . You can check out all the fabulous new products in the Be Bold release, HERE.

So let's begin and here's how I created my card.


This card measures, 20 x 11cm and is made from Mixed Media Heavystock card.

BACKGROUND

To start with I made my background and for this, I used the Tim Holtz Linked Squares Layering Stencil. I inked through the stencil onto a panel of watercolour card, using a combination of Aspen, and Sage Positively Saturated Inks and Pumice Stone Distress Ink, blending the colours over the card with a stencil brush.

Once happy with the blend, I spritzed water over the background and allowed the inks to puddle and pool before heat drying the surface.

Once this was dry, I applied Frayed Burlap Distress Ink to my glass mat, sprtized with water and then dipped my inked card panel into the droplets of ink. Once again I heat dried the surface before inking the edges with Walnut Stain Distress Ink.

To add more layers to the background, I inked one of the stamps from the Tim Holtz/Stampers Anonymous Botanic Collage stamp set, with Black Soot Distress Ink, inking the type script section of the stamp only and stamping it randomly around the edges of the panel.

To complete the panel, I machine stitched a border and then matted it onto a panel of card, inked using the same colours of Positively Saturated Ink, Sage and Aspen as I used through the stencils.

Matt the layered panel onto Mixed Media Heavystock card using foam pads, followed by a layer of kraft card before mounting onto the card blank.

SENTIMENT LABEL

For the sentiment label in the centre of the card, I used Tim Holtz's Vintage Label dies by Sizzix. These labels create a debossed outline around the edge and using the large circular die, I cut the shape from Heavystock card, inking the raised area of the die with Rustic Wilderness Archival Ink.

I inked the surface of the die cut with Pumice Stone and Frayed Burlap Ink and spritzed with water to blend the inks before heat drying the circle.

I then stamped the sentiment in Black Soot Archival Ink, using two separate stamps from the set.

Beneath the sentiment, I placed a small die cut heart from the Lovebirds die set, that I had on my desk from a previous project and inked this with Kitsch Flamingo Distress Ink.

Mount the sentiment onto the card using foam pads to add dimension.

LUSH LEAVES

Taking the Lush Leaves dies, I cut multiple pieces from Distress Watercolour Card.

I then inked the die cuts with the Pawsitively Saturated Ink Trio 14, starting with Aspen, followed by Sage and finally adding darker shades with Pine.

After shaping each of the flourishes and leaves, I arranged them onto my card. 

I placed them around the circular vintage label, layering them and arranging them to create a fluffy, dimensional look to the piece.

To complete the leaves, I added some gems, sticking them directly onto the foliage.

FINISHING DETAILS

We're nearly there and all that's left is the finishing details.

I added a scrap of linen from my material box to the top right hand corner, complete with a button that I sewed onto the linen scrap.

Finally I added some fo the tiny stitches, die cut from black card using the Bunny Stitch die by Tim Holtz and Sizzix and placed these in the top left and bottom right hand corners.

...and that finishes my card for this hop.

I hope you love this make and all the techniques I've used.

Now, it's time to hop to the next stop...

Simon Says Stamp is giving away a $25 coupon to every stop on the blog hop from the blog comment section! So, this means you can leave a comment here and on every stop along the way to increase your chances. Winners will be notified and they will be posted on the Simon Says Stamp blog on Wednesday, 27th March and all winners will need to contact/email Simon Says Stamp to claim their prize. 

Also, don't forget that you have until the 24 March at 11:59 EDT to claim $7 off with a purchase of $40 or more and all you need to do is enter the code GREEN at checkout.

Thank you so much for stopping by today and don't forget to go and check out Day 2 of the hop tomorrow!!!

See you soon, Emma x


HOP ORDER:

Emma Williams <—-YOU ARE HERE

102 comments:

  1. What a pretty card. Love the leaves.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jana Mays -jmariedesigned@gmail.com. No longer anonymous

      Delete
  2. WOW, that is an amazing projects....love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely stunning. I love all the greenery. So much interest and dimension. Thank you for sharing your time and talent.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your stenciling makes the layout lovely

    ReplyDelete
  5. I definitely had to look at this card in detail because of all that spectacular dimension!!!!! So, so beautiful! I also really loved the jewel choice on the leaves.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lisa M. Federspiel22 March 2024 at 15:06

    Your dimension is fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the greenery. It looks so natural.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful dimension and texture!

    ReplyDelete
  9. The dimension of the leaves is amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow, just wow. Over the top but in a good way. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the pattern and softness of the background, what a great stencil! Amazing card!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. That is beautiful - I do not have a mom anymore but that certainly can be used for so many things - great layout!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love the layering of leaves!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful card! Thank you for sharing 💗

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wonderful green leaf arrangement.
    Melissa
    "SunshineHoneyBee"

    ReplyDelete
  16. Lovely card! Your stenciling is gorgeous as is this beautiful card!

    ReplyDelete
  17. What a unique card! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Beautiful card - love the colors! Terrific new release!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Wow, fantastic project! I love all that dimension!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Great card. Lots of texture with stencil and leaves,etc.

    ReplyDelete
  21. I'm not computer savvy. Great card. Love the texture.

    ReplyDelete
  22. So much details and dimension in this card but for a well appreciated Mother. Beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Above messages from Lenora - vandune66@gmail.com. As I said. Not very computer savvy.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Pretty card and the amount of dimension created by all that lovely greenery. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  25. What a lovely card for Mother's day. The leaves make such a change from flowers..

    ReplyDelete
  26. Beautiful card. Thank you for sharing the recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Fabulous cards! I love all the texture and dimension.

    ReplyDelete
  28. Love the stitched background and all the pretty leaves. One lucky mom is gonna love it!

    ReplyDelete
  29. This is INCREDIBLE! Your mom is going to love it!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  30. Wow, you take three dimensional to a whole new level! Any mother would love to get that card. Great job! (PS I scrolled down and absolutely love your "Lucky" piece too!)

    ReplyDelete
  31. Love the card, the greenery is a nice touch and the dimension is wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  32. Love the dimension on the leaves. Gorgeous card.

    ReplyDelete
  33. Great dimension really makes the card

    ReplyDelete
  34. I absolutely love everything about this card. Just fantastic. So much creativity in one place.

    ReplyDelete
  35. Gorgeous card! I love the depth, dimension, and colors! Thank you for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  36. I was wowed by this card! So much to look at and all the texture. Beautiful job!

    ReplyDelete
  37. Very pretty. Love all the dimension it has.

    ReplyDelete
  38. Oh yes! I love the leaves and the background is just wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  39. Beautiful card...love the leaves.

    ReplyDelete
  40. barbara lassiter22 March 2024 at 21:58

    This is beautiful and with a vintage look!

    ReplyDelete
  41. Beautiful card! Love your ink dipped panel, gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  42. This is spectacular.. I love it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  43. Wow, that 3D greenery really stands out on this card. What a beautiful design.

    ReplyDelete
  44. What a lovely card! I just love those leaves - so lush!

    ReplyDelete
  45. Oh wow, this card is amazing! Absolutely beautiful design.

    ReplyDelete
  46. Gorgeous card, love all the dimension. Thank you for the detailed explanation of how you did the background, it’s perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  47. I love all this dimension! Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  48. The greenery really makes this card stand out.

    Merrill P

    ReplyDelete
  49. What a beautiful card!! The background is amazing and the dimension on the leaves, wow!!! Thanks so much for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  50. Beautiful design and dimension! Love the special card you created!

    ReplyDelete
  51. Oh my! I love this! so pretty!!!

    ReplyDelete
  52. Marisela Delgado said: So lovely! mariandmonsterd@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  53. Beautiful card, love the background! Love your card!

    ReplyDelete
  54. Very nice but how would you fit it in an envelope?

    ReplyDelete
  55. Love all the dimensions!

    ReplyDelete
  56. Oh so stunning and elegant. I love the shading of the leaves, and the layered foliage. Great background as well. Thanks for all the details of your making this card.

    ReplyDelete
  57. Beautiful! Mom will surely cherish it.

    ReplyDelete
  58. Your card is amazing. Love the colours and all the little details.

    ReplyDelete
  59. Gorgeous! Love your beautiful design! So much texture from those layered leaves, aren't they fantastic!!!

    ReplyDelete
  60. I absolutely love what you did with those leaves! Wowzers!

    ReplyDelete
  61. Love all of the dimension.
    Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  62. Lauryne Cunningham23 March 2024 at 13:46

    Wow! I love all the detail and dimension on your card- lovely design!

    ReplyDelete
  63. Love the dimension. Beautiful card!

    ReplyDelete
  64. Love how you layered and layered the leaves!

    ReplyDelete
  65. My jaw dropped when I saw this stunning card! And after reading all the steps you took to create it I understand why it is so amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  66. Wow, this is an amazing card! Love all the details, incredible!

    ReplyDelete
  67. The watercoloring gives this card an added dimension to it

    ReplyDelete
  68. This is so lovely! What a wonderful piece of art. If I got this card it would go up on my wall for decoration. Beautifully made!!!

    ReplyDelete
  69. WOW!!!! Gorgeous!!!! I love your leaves and the dimension!!!

    ReplyDelete
  70. Okay Emma, I really didn’t think I needed another leaf die…but OMG you have sold me! Thank you for your wonderful card inspiration! I just love it.

    ReplyDelete
  71. Wow, so many beautiful details in your card!

    ReplyDelete
  72. Amazing card.

    ReplyDelete
  73. There are not enough words for how spectacular this card is. I had no idea a leaf die could be used in such a way! Fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  74. What a wonderful way to showcase the leaves! Thank you for your inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  75. Great card, love all the dimension!

    ReplyDelete
  76. This is absolutely amazing! What a feast for the eyes!

    ReplyDelete
  77. Beautiful card. Love the layers and depth. Love the leaves.

    ReplyDelete
  78. Your card is really gorgeous!!! I love those leaves.

    ReplyDelete
  79. The way you created the swag of greenery was so lush and beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  80. Lovely card - love the dimension you created with the Lush Leaves die!! Thank you for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  81. Beautiful card and like the dimension you created with the leaves!

    ReplyDelete
  82. What a fabulous card! I love your ink blending on the leaves and the colors you used on this card!

    ReplyDelete
  83. Gorgeous! From Kris Boydstun. artbringsmejoy@icloud.com

    ReplyDelete
  84. Fabulous card! The dimension you’ve created with the layering of the leaves is beautiful! - lisascreativeniche

    ReplyDelete
  85. Such a special beautiful card. Thank you for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  86. Such depth to your beautiful piece of art!! Gorgeousness!

    ReplyDelete
  87. Such a beautiful card!!

    ReplyDelete
  88. Wow, so detailed and beautiful! What gorgeous inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  89. Beautiful card!! Thank you for sharing your creativity!

    ReplyDelete
  90. Beautiful work! Melissa

    ReplyDelete
  91. Really cool mixed media, even using stitching.

    ReplyDelete
  92. Danyelle Dillon27 March 2024 at 01:53

    Oh my goodness. Gorgeous sprig! It looks so amazing. Wonder how you got it so 3D looking, glue dots? How many did you have to cut to get that look?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for your kind comment Danyelle, I really do appreciate it and so happy you loved the card!

      In answer to your questions, I cut three of each of the two sprigs and then gently squeezed the leaves together to shape and create the dimension before I attached them with a hot glue gun and I then added some foam dots that I strategically placed behind the leaves, so that they gave the lift and dimension! Hope that helps and any other questions, just ask away! 🙂

      Delete

Thank you for all your comments and messages, they are all appreciated and I hope you'll come back and visit again soon...
Emma ~xx

Powered By Blogger

Total Pageviews