Thursday 2 November 2023

Simon Says Stamp All The Joy Blog Hop ~ Day 1

 Hello friends and welcome to Day 1 of the Simon Says Stamp All The Joy Blog Hop.

I'm so excited to be joining so many of my talented friends and designers on this hop and if you've arrived here from my extremely talented friend, Bibi Cameron ~ then hello, but if not, and you want to catch up with everyone who is participating in this hop, then don't worry because you can head back to the beginning, HERE.

You can check out all the fabulous new products in this release, HERE including the Christmas Greetings Sentiment Strips and the gorgeous Branching Corner Holly and All The Joy Dies that I used to make my Christmas card, which I hope will inspire you with a few ideas.

So let's begin this stop on the hop and here's how I created my project....



To begin with I made my 16.5 x 13.5 card blank from black card.

BACKGROUND PANELS

I then cut a panel of Tim Holtz Black Heavystock card, 14.5 x 11.5cm, lightly misted it with water and then spritzed it with the following Distress Sprays and Mica Sprays:

Distress Spray Stains: Speckled Egg, Antique Linen, Pumice Stone

Distress Oxide Sprays: Speckled Egg

Mica Spray: Frozen Fog

After another spritz of water to blend the colours, I heat dried the panel and machine stitched a border around the outside, leaving some loose threads hanging.

After matting the panel onto silver metallic kraft card, I mounted it onto the centre of my black card blank.

TAG

Now to create the tag that is mounted onto the card blank and for this I used the largest size of the Sizzix Framed Tags die by Tim Holtz to die cut further piece of black heavystock card.

I then used exactly the same sprays as I used on the backing panel and spritzed these over the tag to colour it.

Once my tag was dry, I used a palette knife to apply Snowfall Grit paste through the Stampers Anonymous/Tim Holtz Twinkle Mini Layering Stencil from Set 57 and after removing the stencil, set the panel to one side to dry before adding a machine stitched border around the outside.

I matted the finished tag onto black card, followed by silver metallic kraft card, each time leaving the border.

After punching a hole at the top of the tag using a Crop A Tile, I fixed an eyelet into position and then mounted the tag onto the front of my card blank, using foam pads and slightly overlapping the top edge.

We now have the base ready to decorate.

SENTIMENT

To begin with I used the Seal Dies and Switchlits embossing Folder to cut silver metallic kraft card. I then cut a smaller circle from black card using the Circles Nesting Die Set and adhered this to the centre of the seal.

Cut the ALL THE JOY sentiment three times from white card, and a fourth time from silver metallic kraft card before layering each die cut over the top of the previous one, finishing with the silver layer on top. Attach the die cut sentiment to the centre of the circle and then using foam pads, adhere the seal into position on your tag.

BRANCHING CORNER

I cut a selection of the foliage and berries from Mixed Media Heavystock card and then inked the greenery with a combination of the three colours from Ink Trio Set 14 ~ ~ Aspen, Sage, Pine

The berries are inked with Festive Berries Distress Ink.

With all my pieces inked, I then added the icy frostiness to each piece and for this I used a combination of an Embossing Dabber and white embossing powder.

Dab the tips of each piece with the dabber and then sprinkle with the embossing powder, tapping away any excess ~ you only want a light sprinkle, not a full on snowfall!! Heat emboss the powder until molten and then smear Collage Medium over the leaves, before sprinkling Rock Candy Distress Glitter and Mica Flakes over the top.

Arrange and attach all the foliage to create a swag around the bottom of the sentiment seal. 

Use the smaller leaves and berries to fluff out the wreath, tucking them in amongst the foliage.

Cut the Happy Christmas Reverse Sentiment to size and attach with foam pads beneath the wreath.

FINISHING DETAILS

All that's left to do is add those all important final details, starting with two metallic droplets that I placed in the bottom left and right hand corners, on either side of the tag.

I then threaded some ribbon through the eyelet at the top of the tag. I used Crinkle Ribbon that I had in my stash, you can use seam binding ribbon as well. I then coloured the ribbon with LumberJack Plaid and Antique Linen Distress Spray Stains, before scrunching it into a ball to create the crinkle. Once dry, unravel the ribbon and pop through the top of the tag before I added a Mini Pin through the knot to secure it.

Around the top of the seal, I added a few die cut sparkles which again were left over from a previous project and cut from silver metallic card using a die in the Forest Shadows set but if you have any silver stars or crystal gems, in your collection, then these will work too!

Finally, I added the little Dec label at the top of tag. This is from the Christmas Ephemera Pack and I cut it into half before attaching it to my tag and then adding the letters, "DEC" that are die cut using letters from the Specimen die set, pieced together but if you haven't got this set ~ don't worry, just write it in red ink to give that personal touch.



So that's my card complete and I hope you love what I've made and will be inspired by the ideas!

It's now time to for the next stop on this hop...

HOP ORDER:


Simon Says Stamp Blog  <<YOU ARE HERE!

Caly Person

Jennifer McGuire

Cathy Zielske

Barbara Tarayao

Amy Rysavy

Debby Hughes

Emily Midgett

Keisha Charles

Bibi Cameron

Emma Williams <<you are here

Heather Hoffman

Heather Ruwe

Alberto Gava

Daniel West


Simon Says Stamp is giving away a $25 coupon to every stop on the blog hop from the blog comment section! So, this means you can leave a comment here and on every stop along the way to increase your chances. Winners will be notified and they will be posted on the Simon Says Stamp blog on Wednesday, 8th November and all winners will need to contact/email Simon Says Stamp to claim their prize. 

Also, don't forget that you have until the 5th November at 11:59 EDT to claim a free gift with every purchase! The Holy Stars Stencil is available whilst stocks last and all you need to do is enter the code STAR at checkout.

Thank you so much for stopping by today and don't forget to check back tomorrow for DAY 2!!!
See you soon, Emma x


114 comments:

  1. MY VERY FAVE SO FAR ON THE HOP

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are so beautiful. Your application of the embossing powder "snow" as snow on the leaves and berries is amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is the most beautiful design I have ever seen! Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. These tags are absolutely gorgeous! I love them!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Stunning... love all the detail 😍

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your projects never fail to utterly amaze me! This is the most beautiful card! Love how you used the tag!! Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What s beautiful card. Love the techniques you used.

    ReplyDelete
  8. WOW! Your card is stunning and definitely eye catching! I can't say enough about how amazing your design and techniques are! Love everything about your card!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful! 1st time on your blog

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is awesome! I love this! It is so beautiful! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wonderfully beautiful card. Love all of the detail!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love how you frosted the leaves. Can't wait to try this.
    Lisa Johnson

    ReplyDelete
  13. Use of color: Wow!, Stitching: Wow!, Florals: Wow!, Embellishments: Wow! Finished project: WOW!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. So different. ❤️

    ReplyDelete
  15. OMG this card is stunning - such an amazing looking piece of art

    ReplyDelete
  16. Just magical! Thanks for the recipe.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Absolutely beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wowzer!! I have no words for this piece of art!! Thank you very much.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Beautiful layering and design! I love the colors and textures!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Oh my goodness how stunning! I love the dark colors and the snow on the branches and berries

    ReplyDelete
  21. This is beautiful. When I see that dusting of sparkle it reminds me of Christmas and for some reason I feel like a kid that would lick the card because it looks so tasty and pretty. bunnyscards1.blogspot.com.au//">[Bunny]

    ReplyDelete
  22. Your card is stunning. Very beautiful with incredible details. I love the various sprays and embossing powder you used. Lovely! Happy holidays!

    ReplyDelete
  23. So uniquely beautiful - love the design & color choices.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Gorgeous creation; love the details and layers.

    ReplyDelete
  25. This is absolutely GORGEOUS!!! I can't wait to try your techniques myself!!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Absolutely love this project. Love how it takes on that denim look and the tag is so cool - that crinkle ribbon is great!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Wowsers, love all the work on your tag, Emma.

    ReplyDelete
  28. I love this, Emma!!!! The colors are amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  29. Simply stunning! I love all the beautiful little details

    Kim M Jacobs
    bast830@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  30. OMG! Your stitching is incredible! LOVE the holly!

    ReplyDelete
  31. Michelle Hackett2 November 2023 at 19:11

    Beautiful. I love the stitching. I wish I could figure out a way to do it.

    ReplyDelete
  32. Such beautiful designs. Love the colors.

    ReplyDelete
  33. Love how you incorporated this into a tag!

    ReplyDelete
  34. Absolutely gorgeous as always. The colors, the sparkle, the details are all fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  35. Unique design! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  36. Great tag. I love the detail and texture.

    ReplyDelete
  37. Beautiful project! So many fantastic elements!

    ReplyDelete
  38. This is AMAZING! Love the textures and details and how they all come together! Thanks for sharing!! This is FANTASTIC!

    ReplyDelete
  39. Wowsers!! I love all of the amazing details to this project!

    ReplyDelete
  40. Stunning - As a newbie all I can say is WOW:)

    ReplyDelete
  41. I love how it looks like denim. Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  42. Gorgeous! Love the textures and the blue background.

    ReplyDelete
  43. WOW! That is so pretty and unique. I would never think of that.

    ReplyDelete
  44. So stunning! I love the dewy snowy look you've got on the leaves! Its gorgeous 😍 great job! ❤️❤️❤️

    ReplyDelete
  45. Beautiful card, looks very realistic.

    ReplyDelete
  46. That is just beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
  47. Beautiful tags, with lovely details!

    ReplyDelete
  48. Absolutely gorgeous!! Love the details!

    ReplyDelete
  49. I love your card/tag. It’s stunning. The leaves look so real.

    ReplyDelete
  50. So creative and unique. Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  51. Wow!!! This is Absolutely Gorgeous!!!! I love the colors and the dimension!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  52. There are so many details to love! My fav is the "icy frostiness" but also absolutely love the little pin in your ribbon. All so very pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  53. Such a gorgeous card! Such a labor of love!

    ReplyDelete
  54. Wow, the details in this are amazing. You said you machine stitched the card... was there a special machine you used? Or was it just a sewing machine? Or something completely different? Thank you for answering this. I honestly can't stand sewing but I don't mind so much if it's on paper. Silly, I know. You have truly inspired me. I love this so much. Thank you! You're are so talented. Love n hugs! Linda

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for your lovely comment Linda, it is truly appreciated and I’m so happy you loved this card! ♥️ I very rarely sew on material, but paper is my thing and I always use a regular sewing machine, mine is a Brother LS14S, nothing special but does exactly what I need and I LOVE it! Hope you’ll try it out and once again, thank you! Hugs… x

      Delete
  55. So creative! I would never have come up with a design like this in a million years!

    ReplyDelete
  56. Gorgeous! I love the layers and frosty leaves.

    ReplyDelete
  57. Pretty tag. Love the frosty greens.

    ReplyDelete
  58. Gorgeous!
    Thanks for sharing your creative process.

    ReplyDelete
  59. This card is a master class! Your work is phenomenal!! I love all the details from the icy touches to the stitching! The dark background makes this very dramatic!
    Lori S in PA

    ReplyDelete
  60. Absolutely stunning! Love that background color with the design.

    ReplyDelete
  61. Wow, wow, wow! What an amazing and gorgeous card.

    ReplyDelete
  62. Wow Emma, you know how to bring the magic hun! That layered dimension is delish and all the inky mica layers so divine. I LOVE the frosting you gave the foliage, oh my goodness, I cannot get my head around that, I read how you did but, keh?! LOL. You're just magic! Hugs, Wends xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  63. Wow... this card is stunning. I can't believe it's made put of paper. Thank you so much for your inspiration, Emma 💕

    ReplyDelete
  64. I love the use of the embossing powder on the berries and leaves then the addition of the mica flakes and glitter is absolutely breath taking!

    ReplyDelete
  65. This is so creative! The colors are gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  66. So creative, I love how the foliage looks like it has frost on it.

    ReplyDelete
  67. This card is amazing! Such detail and I love the background!

    ReplyDelete
  68. Love the background. Can’t wait to experiment

    ReplyDelete
  69. Stunning card

    ReplyDelete
  70. I love those gorgeous deep colours of the blue - it shows off all the other elements so well. Another fabulous creation.

    ReplyDelete
  71. Such a fun unique card design. This is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  72. Emma, you never disappoint! This is a beautiful make! This is always one of the first blogs I visit when looking for creative inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  73. Your card is stunning. I love the colors and all the details. Awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  74. Wow, I think this is so amazing. So much detail and so many elements to it. A serious WOW for the creativity!!
    donnacheatle@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  75. So much detail, but so beautiful! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  76. This is so beautiful. The level of detail is perfect! Love it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry, i did not mean to do anonymous.

      Delete
  77. Your vintage style looks beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  78. Gorgeous and totally amazing! Love the attention to detail!

    ReplyDelete
  79. Wow, I’m not sure what I like most, there’s just too much to pick from!

    ReplyDelete
  80. Love, love, love it! So pretty! I love the black and the skiff of snow!

    ReplyDelete
  81. I have no words for this absolutely stunning card! I’m in awh of it! 😍😍😍😍love it!

    ReplyDelete
  82. Wow!!!! This is absolutely stunning! I love all the details and the dark background as well as the wonderful effect on the edges of the garland pieces!! I am certainly going to try some of your ideas. I love it all!!! Thanks so much for sharing! .:)

    ReplyDelete
  83. Wow - how stunning. Love your color choice. Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  84. This card & tag is amazing! I know that a lot of work went into this-so many steps to make each part perfect. I love the colors, the shine, the stitching. Beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  85. I am in love with the denim look of this tag. Gorgeous work.

    ReplyDelete
  86. Lauryne Cunningham4 November 2023 at 20:48

    I love all the texture and dimension on this tag! The rock candy on the leaves looks beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  87. This is AMAZING! Love that background and the leaves and berries are beautiful with their icy finish!

    ReplyDelete
  88. Marisela Delgado said: So pretty! mariandmonsterd@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  89. I can't stop looking at this card! A little goth, a bit like blue jeans and soft texture, a little romance and mystery. I love the way you present your instructions.

    ReplyDelete
  90. What an exquisite card! There are so many wonderful, thoughtful details, and they come together beautifully for just the most amazing work of art! You never disappoint; I'm pretty sure this is my favorite of your makes, although so hard to top the others!

    ReplyDelete
  91. All the layers combine so well.

    ReplyDelete
  92. So much dimension! I always forget to use black cardstock. I love how it makes the colors pop! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  93. This is a show stopper! Between the black, red, and green colors, then all the fine details your card/tag is such a beauty.

    ReplyDelete
  94. Gorgeous with the dark background. Hugz ionabunny

    ReplyDelete
  95. Gorgeous--so many great details.

    ReplyDelete
  96. WOW… just wow!! I have like experience with mixed media, but your card project really rocks it. It’s amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  97. I love the colors of your card especially the background

    ReplyDelete
  98. This is so stunning! Just WOW!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for all your comments and messages, they are all appreciated and I hope you'll come back and visit again soon...
Emma ~xx

Powered By Blogger

Total Pageviews