Wednesday 1 November 2023

The New Tim Holtz Tonic Precision Trimmer

Hello everyone....how are you?

Have you heard that there's a brand new shiny tool just been released? The Tim Holtz Tonic Precision Trimmer is the latest addition to the Tonic range and I've been putting it through it's paces and road testing it for a couple of weeks, making backgrounds and card blanks ready for my Christmas makes, and today, I wanted to share some of the things that I LOVE about this new addition to my craft room!

You might ask yourself, why do I need another trimmer and what’s different about this one? Well, I’ve had a lot of trimmers over the years but this post explores the 5 reasons as to why this tool stands head and shoulders above them all!

1. To begin with, this is by Tim and Tonic ~ two wonderful names, with so much experience in the crafting industry and because Tim is a maker himself, he knows what a crafter needs and what is important to them and as soon as you take this trimmer out the box, you will realise this works alongside the other pieces in his range ~ the Mixed Media Rotary Trimmer, the three sizes of Guillotines and the Deckle Torn Edge Trimmer.

2. The trimmer itself is lightweight, easy to use and when placed on your desk, the silicone feet will grip tight, and there will be no slip and slide once it's in position.

When you receive your trimmer, it comes with two black cutting blades and a grey scoring blade, which are easily interchangeable and will cut and score card and paper. You can buy spare blades separately.

My first test was to see if this trimmer would cut through Mixed Media Heavystock card with paste applied over the top ~ so, I tried it out and yes, the blade just glided through the pasted card with a clean cut and no snags or flaking of any of the paste. THIS TRIMMER CUTS LIKE A DREAM!

3. There is a spring lift blade track, complete with measurements and with the help of two small springy pads at the top and bottom of the blade track, this will allow you to easily slide your card or paper in and out of the trimmer. Then, once you start to cut, you just press down on the plastic bar that will hold and grip the card securely in place.

4. The measurements are in metric and inches, which I personally find so useful as I do tend to work more in centimetres but as a maker, there are times that I do need to also work in inches. Now, I have the best of both worlds!  The locking extendable rulers, at the top, and the bottom will give you the ability to cut and score card and paper up to 12.5'/31.5cm in size and there is also the addition of a ruler in the central grid area which helps you to align your card perfectly. No squiffy edges!!!

5. The size of this trimmer, with all these wonderful details, is just perfect for making my "Emma sized cards" and what I was really impressed with is the score line ~ it creates a beautiful, crisp fold, with none of that annoying cracking along the edge ~ a huge personal hate of mine and something I've experienced with all the other trimmers and score boards I've tried in the past. I'm already thinking of all the different folds that I can now create on cards and boxes for my Christmas makes.

If you have stopped by to check out my review, then I hope this will help you decide on whether the product will be perfect for you and for your needs!

In the meantime, thanks to Tim and Tonic, I now have plenty of backgrounds and card blanks ready to begin my Christmas crafting and all of them so easily achievable with such a fabulous cutting tool.

If you're interested in finding out more about this wonderful trimmer, then don't forget you can watch the Tim Holtz LIVE replay!

Thanks for stopping by today...love Emma xx

2 comments:

  1. Thank you for the review! I just ordered mine today.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmm, you're really making me rethink my 'I have enough trimmers' stance! I've always liked the idea of a trimmer like this, but never been pleased with the blades or shearing of the paper, but as you say, this is Tim and Tonic, so it'll be best quality. On my wishlist now. Thanks for doing the review xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for all your comments and messages, they are all appreciated and I hope you'll come back and visit again soon...
Emma ~xx

Powered By Blogger

Total Pageviews