Friday 28 July 2023

Simon Says Stamp Just A Note Blog Hop ~ Day 1

 Hello friends and welcome to Day 1 of the Simon Says Stamp Just A Note Blog Hop.

I'm so excited to be joining so many of my talented friends and designers on this hop and if you've arrived here from Miriam's blog ~ then hello, but if not, and you want to catch up with everyone who is participating in this hop, then don't worry because you can head back to the beginning, HERE.

You can check out all the fabulous new products in this release, HERE including the gorgeous Fresh Cut Floral Stem and the Margot Tile Embossing folder that I used to make my gift bag and gift card holder, which I hope will inspire you with a few ideas that can also be used on cards and home decor pieces.

So let's begin this stop on the hop and here's how I created my projects....


To begin with I cut the gift bag and the gift card envelope holder using the Tim Holtz/Sizzix Treat Bag Die and the Collector die sets from Tim Holtz Distress Mixed Media Heavystock card and assembled each piece by folding along the score lines and then inking the edges with Walnut Stain Distress Ink.
Now we can move onto decorating each piece and I started by creating the backgrounds.

BACKGROUNDS

I placed a piece of Mixed Media cardstock into the Margot Tile Embossing Folder and ran it through my die cutting machine. Repeat to make a second embossed panel and then place these in a splatter box, and spritz with Distress Spray Stains in the following colours;

Speckled Egg, Chipped Sapphire, Faded Jeans, Antique Linen and Speckled Egg Oxide Sprays

To obtain the blend of colour, I applied the stains one at a time and misted with a little water before heat drying the panel.

To accentuate the raised detail of the embossing, I used a little Sterling Foundry Wax which I rubbed over the detail using my fingertip. I then set the wax using a heat gun.

FLORAL STEMS

I cut all my pieces from Mixed Media Heavystock card to make four stems in total ~ I will use three on the bag and the remaining stem on the envelope.

Using blending brushes, I blended the flower heads of each stem using the colours from the Yellow Sunsets Positively Saturated Ink pads and then applied Pine to each stem and the leaves.

I assembled each of the flowers, shaping the petals and leaves to create dimension.

In the centres of each flower head, I added some tiny little dots using a white and black gel pen.

GIFT BAG


Now to start assembling each of the pieces and starting with the gift bag, I cut one of the panels into two separate pieces that fit the back and front of the bag. I also cut a further two strips for the sides, spritzing these with a Vintage Photo and Rusty Hinge to create a variation of colour.

Machine stitch around the edge of each panel and then attach one embossed panel to the back of the bag and then matt the second panel onto a piece of silver metallic kraft stock, before mounting it onto the front of the bag.

Attach the strips down each side and then unch a hole through the two sides using a Crop A Dile and then thread some rope through each hole, securing the ends with a knot.
I stitched a piece of linen onto the rope handle as an added detail.

Across the bottom section of the bag, I cut a strip of the cardstock, spritzed the right hand section of the strip with Faded Jeans Distress Spray Stain and then heat dried the card thoroughly.

Once dry, I inked up the 'Hugs' sentiment stamp from the Rose Corner stamp set with Jet Black Archival Ink and stamped this on the left hand side.
I then took three of the floral stems and arranged them into a bouquet. Adding foam pads to the backs of the arrangement, I then attached them to my bag, tying a piece of twine around the stems. 
After mounting the strip onto silver metallic kraft card, I attached it to my front panel and added a Mini Clip on the right hand side.

The bag is ready to fill, and I placed some shredded paper into it.

GIFT ENVELOPE

Cut the remaining embossed panel to fit the front of the envelope, and machine stitch a border around the edge and then cut a piece of the card to fit the envelope flap.

As with the bag, I used a strip of inked card which I placed across the bottom of the envelope but this time, I added a vellum wrap which I stitched into place. I then inked up another of the sentiments form the Rose Corner stamp set, this time in clear ink and stamped the wording All My Love onto the covered strip. Sprinkle white embossing powder over the top, tap away the excess and heat emboss until molten. Mount the strip across the envelope, adding a Hardware Head on the left hand side.

Punch a hole through the top of the flap, and then place an eyelet into it. Fix into position with the Crop A Dile tool.

I thread some paper string from my stash through the hole and then die cut two small tags from the remaining embossed cardstock, using the dies from the Collector Die Set. I attached the tags to the end of my twine and then added a small ephemera piece taken from the Field Notes Ephemera set, which I glued into position in the top right hand corner.
I hung a little Tim Holtz idea-ology metal Word Tag from the twine, which I painted with a little Lumberjack Plaid Distress Paint to add some colour the heart, and then attached this to the twine using a Mini Pin.


Finally, I attached the remaining floral stem to the front of the envelope, again using foam pads to add some dimension to the piece...
...and that completes my makes for this stop on the Just A Note Blog Hop, which I hope you love as much as I loved making them!


Simon Says Stamp is giving away a $25 coupon to every stop on the blog hop from the blog comment section! So, this means you can leave a comment here and on every stop along the way to increase your chances. Winners will be notified and they will be posted on the Simon Says Stamp blog on Wednesday, 2nd August and all winners will need to contact/email Simon Says Stamp to claim their prize. 

Also, don't forget that you have until 11:59pm on 30th July to claim a free gift with every purchase, the Handcrafted With Love stamp set and all you have to do is search sss102561c in store, add to your cart and then enter the code ART at checkout.

Thank you so much for stopping by today and hope you enjoy this fun hop....see you soon, Emma x


HOP ORDER:


79 comments:

  1. Amazing gift bag. Love the style and all the details.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh goodness, these are absolutely stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow - just wow! So amazing - a lot of loving work went into this creation.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful with dimension & texture.
    Melissa
    "Sunshine HoneyBee"

    ReplyDelete
  5. Absolutely gorgeous! Love the colors!

    ReplyDelete
  6. barbara lassiter28 July 2023 at 16:31

    These are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  7. The intricacy of your designs is truly amazing and inspiring. Thanks for sharing. Sandy

    ReplyDelete
  8. What great projects! So much detail! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lauryne Cunningham28 July 2023 at 16:52

    Wow! This gift bag and card holder are absolutely gorgeous! So much beautiful detail- I love them!

    ReplyDelete
  10. WoW!!! These are fantastic, so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is my favorite project on this blog so far. I definitely want these products. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Nice to see new ways to use products. Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Gorgeous! I love that embossing folder.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love all of the texture and cheerful colors you have incorporated into your project design!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Gorgeous mixed media, stunning card!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love everything about these tags, but especially how you used the Foundry wax. You've encouraged me to finally try them out that way. The flower colors are so striking against the background, and the wax brings out the detail of the EF so beautifully.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love the tags. I love the new Fresh Cut Floral stem die.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Lisa M. Federspiel28 July 2023 at 19:29

    The texture on your card is fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I LOVE your mixed media and flowers! Perfect tags!

    ReplyDelete
  20. What a wonderful gift set! I absolutely love the blue and orange complimentary color scheme! And you made those Margot Tiles look like an old tin ceiling! Love, love, love!

    ReplyDelete
  21. so Beautiful i have this die was not sure about this folder now im going to get love the distress look you did awsome thanks

    ReplyDelete
  22. So beautiful!! Love the colors and all of the detail!! Very creative.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Beautiful! I think the Fresh Cut Floral Stem die is my favorite from this fantastic release and you've made it a gorgeous focal for your card!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Wow! Beautiful and stunning work of art.

    ReplyDelete
  25. I got a lot of inspiration from this project. Love how you used the foundry wax on the embossed cardstock

    ReplyDelete
  26. Dear Emma -
    These are strikingly beautiful! I'm very inspired by your work and this whole hop!
    Lori S in PA

    ReplyDelete
  27. Wowzer! I love, love, love your treat bags! I think those tiny little black and white dots on the flowers really made a huge difference in how they look. I have to make 60 treat bags every year for some pilots, and I think that Tim Holtz die would make it so much easier! I'll scroll back up and look for the link. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Fantastic projects! I love how you coloured the flowers!

    ReplyDelete
  29. I love the color combination.

    ReplyDelete
  30. Wow, this is beautiful. You really made the Margot tile pop. The colors are grand. [Bunny]

    ReplyDelete
  31. everything about this project is gorgeous! Love the texture, colors, ever

    ReplyDelete
  32. Such a pretty blossom; really like the contrast of orange with the background.

    Merrill P

    ReplyDelete
  33. Your projects are so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  34. Beautiful! Lovely colors! I love the texture. Fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  35. Your textured background is awesome below those vibrant flowers!

    ReplyDelete
  36. These are gorgeous. You win day one hop IMO.

    ReplyDelete
  37. Great use of the products in a fun way.

    ReplyDelete
  38. LOVE your projects and the Mixed Media look!
    Thanks for sharing your creativity and for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  39. Lovey! That is a great embossing folder!

    ReplyDelete
  40. Love the blue background, stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  41. That is so beautiful! love the colours and textures

    ReplyDelete
  42. Gorgeous designs and colors 😍

    ReplyDelete
  43. These are fantastic - the texture and dimension are so cool

    ReplyDelete
  44. Ann-Marie Ostermeier29 July 2023 at 05:20

    Absolutely stunning gift bag and gift card holder! Your process is so detailed with these beautiful products!

    ReplyDelete
  45. Fabulous background and flowers! Wonderful projects with awesome colors and design!

    ReplyDelete
  46. The attention to detail is incredible. Thank you for sharing your project.

    ReplyDelete
  47. Wow just wow! You put a lot of work into these stunning creations

    ReplyDelete
  48. If I received these as a gift set, they would become keepsakes! Reminds me of Italy.

    ReplyDelete
  49. Emma, I LOVE what you did. I have just put the embossing folder in my cart ! Thanks so much for the inspiration!!!

    ReplyDelete
  50. What a gorgeous project!

    ReplyDelete
  51. Wow, stunning details that made stunning cards!

    ReplyDelete
  52. These flowers are stunning against the dark blue & silver background. Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  53. This is the most beautiful card! I love the contrast of the embossing folder details and colour that goes so well with the flower!! Just stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  54. OMG your mixd media projects are out of this world GORGEOUS - thanks for sharing them

    ReplyDelete
  55. What a fabulous project! It's both a card and a gift. Great job!!

    ReplyDelete
  56. Marisela Delgado said: Absolutely gorgeous! I love tags! Stunning! mariandmonsterd@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  57. Gorgeous! All the layers and little details!

    ReplyDelete
  58. Stunning! Can't decide which one I like more!

    ReplyDelete
  59. These are absolutely incredible. They don't even look like paper! I would never have thought of anything like this. You are truly talented!

    ReplyDelete
  60. I love how you colored the flowers, gorgeous!💕

    ReplyDelete
  61. Unless someone is giving diamonds, that gift bag and tag will outclassed the gift!

    ReplyDelete
  62. What a stunning project. Absolutely incredible. Thank you so much for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  63. Fantastic projects. Love the coloring
    of the flowers. thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  64. Wow wow wow! Jaw-droppingly gorgeous! Love!

    ReplyDelete
  65. Wow, absolutely gorgeous gift bag/card holder--they are so awesome ! I'm sure whoever receives them will be passing them on to others, or putting on their wall for decor!

    ReplyDelete
  66. These are amazing and beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  67. Wow, what beautiful works of art! Your artistry with color and creating texture is amazing! I love the flowers as well, and the details with the gel pen.

    ReplyDelete
  68. Oh my!! Gorgeous art work here!! Totally in love with the textures and colors <3

    ReplyDelete
  69. Everything you work with turns to gold, Emma! These are absolutely beautiful! I love the colors and the "aged" embossed background is the perfect foil for those vibrant flowers. Just lovely projects!

    ReplyDelete
  70. Gorgeous projects! Your attention to detail is second to none.

    ReplyDelete
  71. The details are so beautiful on your projects!

    ReplyDelete
  72. Wow! Absolutely Gorgeous! I love these flowers!

    ReplyDelete
  73. Wow, your projects are so creative, unique and GORGEOUS! Love the contrasting blues with the vibrant orange, and I love, love, LOVE all that incredible texture. Beautiful work!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for all your comments and messages, they are all appreciated and I hope you'll come back and visit again soon...
Emma ~xx

Powered By Blogger

Total Pageviews