Sunday 19 January 2014

Driftin' On By...

Happy Sunday everyone...

It's a quickie post from me today, as I'm in the middle of ten sets of write ups for a magazine commission, yes...you did read right ~ TEN sets, eeeeek!!!! But I really wanted to say a big hello to my new followers... *waves* and to share the second of those magazine cards that I created for Making Cards Magazine using Sam Poole's gorgeous stamp set, Up And Away.

So, without further ado...here is the second card and as always, I hope you love it!!!
I'm sure by now, you all know how I do my cloudy skies but for those who are new here on my little blog, I create my cloud backgrounds using Distress Inks. For this particular card, I didn't work those inks too hard, as I wanted to create a subtle background for the balloon to stand out and be the focal point!! In the pictures, you can see that by stamping the balloon multiple times and colouring with Distress Marker Pens, I created some layers to decoupage it with and to give it a more realistic look.
The message is stamped and embossed and after rooting through my stash, (why is it you can have every piece of paper in the world but never find the one you truly want when you need it? Lol) to find the most suitable paper I could find, I stumbled across this chequered paper one from Kaisercraft, which I thought went really well with my balloon.

To complete the card, I added some wooden gears, which I coloured with Treasure Gold and some button twine.
 
So, that's it from me for today and as always, I really appreciate you stopping by!
See you soon and make sure you stop by on Wednesday for a little announcement!!! :)
Bye for now and enjoy the rest of your weekend...love Emma xxx

11 comments:

  1. gorgeous of course, Emma - and good luck with the writing...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastic artwork, such attention to detail, love it xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. another super vintage card. i really like the embellies in the corner. and love that paper you used as a mat. it goes fantastically well with the balloon.xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card, Emma - that balloon is a stunner!
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great , beautiful card!!! I really love it!!

    Greetings
    Maria

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love all your work Emma and this is no exception xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Emma, gorgeous card...Love the Balloon. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous work Emma, ...and finished off perfectly...oh so looking forward to your news on Wednesday.....oh what can it be????
    Hugs...x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful card as ever but as well as your fantastic work I think it's important to use excellent quality stamps and inks too.

    Ooh I need to check in tomorrow then

    ReplyDelete
  10. Stunning card as ever Emma, lots of writing to do is a tad stressful, hope you have finished by now and hands have recovered.

    Wednesday is such a long way off to wait for announcements lol :-) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. All becomes clear.... HUGE congratulations on your SSS assignment - so thrilled for you, and excited to see what you create on this new adventure - brilliant!!
    Alison xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for all your comments and messages, they are all appreciated and I hope you'll come back and visit again soon...
Emma ~xx

Powered By Blogger

Total Pageviews