Sunday 4 March 2012

Tim Holtz ~ 12 Tags of 2012 ~ March

Hope you're all having a lovely, relaxing Sunday. At the moment, I'm planning my diary for the next month and a little sense of panic has just washed over me! lol...yes, it's that full and seeing as I've only got one pair of hands, I have a feeling that there might be times when there doesn't feel like there's enough hours in the day!!! Eek....

Anyway, before the onslaught begins, (*still panicking*), I decided to join in with Lord Tim's 12 Tags of 2012 and I hope you like my tag...

I hadn't got all the products that Tim used on his tag, so I improvised slightly and I was really happy with the result. The background to the tag was run through the Big Shot with a Texture Fade and then I dragged a DI over the top of it to create the feel of woodgrain. I made my mosaic butterflies as per Tim's instructions but used brass embossing powder on them, dulled down with Stazon. I attached the stamped message and added one of my handmade flowers, which I created using the Sizzix Alterations Mini Tattered Florals Die. Finally, I added some seam binding dyed with Weathered Wood Distress Stain.



So, that's about it from me for today. I hope you all enjoyed watching Barbara and Clarity Stamps, on Create & Craft today...I'll be back tomorrow, and all next week with some of the samples that I made for the show.

See you all then and hope you have a lovely Sunday. Bye for now...
Love Emma xxx

4 comments:

  1. Gorgeous tag. I love the mosaic paper technique on the butterflies. Zo x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great tag Emma, I must try to join in , love the texture in the background. Phew do not know how you fit everything in, I struggle and do not have as many commitments as you. Good luck. Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I saw Tim's original and I have to say I love your take on it, Emma. Those butterflies are gorgeous and the textured bark is amazing. I don't know where you find all the time to create everything, do you sleep!!!!
    Hugs Lisax

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful tag Emma, great texture and colours! Love the pretty flower too!
    HuGs Kim :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for all your comments and messages, they are all appreciated and I hope you'll come back and visit again soon...
Emma ~xx

Powered By Blogger

Total Pageviews