Wednesday 8 February 2012

Off For A Swim

Hi everyone ~ hope you've all had a lovely creative day and have stayed warm and cosy. Hasn't it been cold? At the moment, I could swear I live in an igloo in the Arctic...now, I know that I'm the sort of person that unless the temperature gauge reaches 25˚c, I can still be seen wearing boots because I'm rarely warm but I really don't remember ever being this cold in the house, even with multiple layers. chunky socks and my trusty Emu slippers, I was still absolutely freezing! But tonight, I'm in for a treat because I'm breaking out the slanket and thawing myself out ~ lol.

So, enough about my cold toes and fingers because it's time to share my latest card and another of my Clarity samples...I hope you like it!
As with the previous card, I let the stamps and artwork be the focal point again and kept the embellishments to a minimum. The backgrounds are created with Distress Inks and the image of the duck coloured with Promarkers. The harlequin background is a stamp from the Masquerade Mask stamp set.
These stamps were such a joy to work with and I had such fun creating the scenes for the birds. As a child I was in the Young Ornithologist Club and was always drawing birds and colouring them in, so I think it put me in good stead for these cards. hee hee...

Tomorrow, I'll be back with my last card that I made for Clarity shows but thank you for stopping by to take a look at today's little creation.

I'm off for to wrap myself up in the slanket with the latest Masterchef.
Bye for now, see you tomorrow and stay warm!!
Love Emma xxx

8 comments:

  1. Hi Emma, I found your blog after seeing your cards on Clarity shows and constantly marvel at what you create! How do you do those fantastic suns and the sky, they are stunning! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww, thank you for taking the time to find my blog and for your very kind comment and lovely words...I really do appreciate it. :) x

      Delete
  2. Another beautiful creation Emma....and I'm freezing too hun...!

    big hugs Vicky xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous creations as always Emma.
    Here's hoping the weather warms up soon but according to the forecasts it's going to get worse before it gets better :(

    ReplyDelete
  4. This was my daughter's favourite card. she loved your duck, as do I. He's so colourful and the scene you've created for him is gorgeous.
    It's soooooo cold, Yorkshire was the coldest place in the country last night and we have snow and freezing rain forecast for tomorrow, sounds great!!!
    Keep warm
    Hugs Lisax

    ReplyDelete
  5. This card is gorgeous. Love how you've coloured and set it out. Superb! Zo x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh Emma - stunning, just unbelievably stunning!! Something else we have in common apart from Mabel ... drawing and colouring birds! I used to love doing that at my Dad's when he lived in the Fens. Much love, and keep warm :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. it must be so fun to colour these images as the birds have such wonderful plumage! love the setting...the bird laying low in the reeds...

    beautifully done! :D
    <333

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for all your comments and messages, they are all appreciated and I hope you'll come back and visit again soon...
Emma ~xx

Powered By Blogger

Total Pageviews