Monday 27 June 2011

Beautiful Birds

Well, today was a bit of a scorcher, wasn't it? And I'm now going to be a typical Brit and say..."I'll be glad when this weather is over"!! hehe I must admit I'm not a "33˚C" girl and today, was just too hot, if it was up to me I'd have snow all year round, just without the disruption it causes!

Anyway, the weather might have been hot but I thought I'd fill you all in on what's been happening here, in Emma's world!!

And first, I wanted to share the cards with you that I made for the June issue of Making Cards Magazine.  Some of you might have seen them but for those who haven't...this is the complete set of "Beautiful Birds". Hope you like them...





And now to what I've been up to this weekend...I had my first batch of home grown strawberries and they were delish!! I'm so proud of these little beauties.
And the rest of my weekend was taken up with, watching Wimbledon and yes, I'm devastated that Andy Roddick went out, a bit of shopping and of course, no shopping expedition is complete without the obligatory coffee and muffin! And then when I got home, I worked on my Craftwork Cards projects. As I might have mentioned once or twice, I'm excited~so, you'll have to forgive me, lol...Craftwork Cards have been invited to be part of a cross promotional partnership with Spellbinders and here is the first of a sneaky peek of what I've been up too. Can you tell what it is yet? This, is just one of my little pieces of creativity, all the others will be revealed very soon ~ just watch this space...
Oh well, I'm off to sit in front of a fan and try and stay cool!!
Hope you're all drinking lots of water and thinking of igloos and ice!
I'll be around to see all your creations and blogs, as soon as my Cuttlebug and I, have stop die cutting every piece of paper and card within an inch of it's life!!
See you soon!
Love Emma
xxx

11 comments:

  1. well other than a passing thunderstorm, there's nothing like a few strawberries to cool you down...oh, and I've heard ICE works really well, too! ;p

    and aren't these cards just like a breath of fresh air? :D just lovely!!! the soft colours are perfect for the bird images...very spring like...you can almost hear them singing! I especially love the Hummingbird card...my favourite bird, don't you know! ;)

    really beautiful...well done! :D
    <333

    ReplyDelete
  2. very pretty and wonderfully coloured images.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I so love these bird images, gorgeous. Love your colour choices too, soft and pretty. Take care Zo x

    ReplyDelete
  4. A wonderful collection of cards Emma - those birds are gorgeous and you've coloured them beautifully.

    Love Lynda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree with you Emma, far too hot for me, being a red head I would much rather have it a little cooler LOL. Love your cards in making cards this month, lovely birds. Snap I have been picking strawberries from my allotment this weekend and they were simply delicious. Enjoy your week. Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am with you, Emma, I am not keen on the heat we have had this weekend. Mind you, I don't do cold either - just plain awkward. Thank you for your visit and lovely message. Rather a frustrating weekdn. the long awaited cupboards for our DVD etc arrived and were then found to be the wrong size. We are now busy negotiating with the company to change them for something that does fit. Grhhh! I think those cards of yours are really special, so fresh and delicate.

    ReplyDelete
  7. dear emma,really enjoy your blog,have just been taught by my 12 year old daughter how to leave comments,so im now in the 21st century. tracey0

    ReplyDelete
  8. What stunning cards Emma; they must look beautiful in print! Can't wait to see your Spellbinder creations! xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous set of cards Emma, such delicate colours, and lovely embellies. The 'little peek' of the ? looks gorgeous.
    Avril x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Emma. I am so late getting round to you this week, sorry about that. I'm playing catch up as usual.
    It's was so hot last weekend wasn't it. We had 32o up here in chilly Yorkshire-phew!! Its definitely cooled down now although is still lovely and sunny. We missed your horrendous thunder storms though thankgoodness. I saw them on Wimbledon. It was a shame about Andy Roddick wasn't it and also Leyton Hewitt, he may be getting on a bit but is still a great player. It's Nadal all the way for me now!! How about you?
    Your Kanban birds are just gorgeous. I love this set and have still to play with them properly
    yet.
    Hugs Lisax

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Emma, I'm quite new to Twitter and just found your blog! Wow it's lovely. Please can you tell me, are the Beautiful Birds toppers or stamps? I would love to create a wedding card for my daughter using the bird with it's back showing!! Happy crafting - 'Craftybirdie' (a.k.a. Denyse!)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for all your comments and messages, they are all appreciated and I hope you'll come back and visit again soon...
Emma ~xx

Powered By Blogger

Total Pageviews