Thursday, 24 March 2011

Here Comes The Sun

It's Thursday, I'm slowly ticking off all my DT projects and meeting those deadlines and it's a beautiful sunny day. And as the sun streams through the blinds onto my work desk, I thought I'd come and say hello and thank you for all the lovely comments that everyone left on my last post! I have the best followers, a girl could ask for...thank you!!! :)

So, seeing as it is such a beautiful day, I really don't think I could've chosen a better card to share with you all, than this bright, cheery Clarice Cliff inspired creation!!

This is actually a peek at just one of the cards that I made for Kuretake, using their fabulous Art & Graphic Twin Pens which are definitely the best pens on the market, at the moment and for this card, I used different colours from the bright set.
I love the work of Clarice Cliff and when I visit antique and collectables fairs, you can't help but see the bright colours of her work, shining bright amongst all the other pieces on display. She was a very innovative lady for her time and once again, I hope this card does her work justice!
I used a Tim Holtz embossing folder to create the sun rays and matted and layered this onto Bazzill card. The actual image is a Personal Impressions stamp, coloured with the Kuretake pens and then die cut using Spellbinders Nestabilities circle dies.

Well, I'd better get back to the drawing board and then I have a party to plan! Saying that, my Mum is still ill in bed, so it might be a pyjama party and a bedtime feast!! lol
Hope you are all enjoying some sunshine...
See you tomorrow,
love Emma
xxx

7 comments:

  1. Hello, I've just found your blog and have had a good old nosey! Your cards are amazing. I'm a follower now, don't want to miss anything!

    Liz x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Emma, I love Clarice Cliff too and this card definitely steps up to the mark! Absolutely stunning xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh boy..Clarice Cliff...ish! :D and who knows, maybe one day we'll also see this brilliant Emma Original of Bargain Hunt or Flog It! ;p

    the colours are so vibrant and I love how the image is offset a bit...and helps show off the embossing! it really has that pottery feel to it!

    a real one of kind and a future correctable! :)
    <333

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've just been having a catch up with all your stunning makes lately. Wow and Wow again. They are amazing. I remember seeing many of them on the last Clarity show on C&C.
    Your Clarice Cliff inspired card is gorgeous, you've captured the colours and patterns perfectly.
    Sorry to hear your Mum is under the weather, I hope she feels better in time for her birthday.
    Hugs Lisax

    ReplyDelete
  5. Another fabulous card Emma - love how the bright colours just pop out against all that white.

    Love Lynda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful Emma - just right to celebrate the start of Spring (surely it must be here now??!) with your perfect choice of colours. Hope your Mum feels better very soon and has a lovely birthday. Much love, Helen xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love Clarice Cliff! Fab card, so clever, very Clarice Cliffy! Kxx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for all your comments and messages, they are all appreciated.
Please come back and visit again soon...
Emma ~xx

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Total Pageviews