Tuesday 26 January 2010

Under my umbrella...

*starts singing Rihanna's ~ Umbrella* ...As soon as I hear those inevitable words, then I know that, THAT song will be stuck in my head all day long!

And anyone who knows me, also knows that I do have a bit of a thing for images or photos which show or contain, umbrellas in them...so, when I came across this stamp ~ yep, I just had to have it and I was not disappointed, it is beautiful!
So, for this particular card....using a stamp produced by Stampavie and featuring Rachelle Anne Miller's illustration...I stamped the image with a black Versafine Ink Pad, onto a round die cut piece of white card, which I have shaded around the edge, using Tattered Rose and Aged Mahogany Distress Ink. Then, once I'd coloured in the image using Promarkers, I set this aside to work on the card. For this card, I've chosen some K&Company card stock which has a tri fold opening and a lovely scalloped edge on the one side. There again, just using different folds and card stock can make such a difference to the overall appearance of the card and make it something unique to the person that you are sending it to. I covered the card with some backing papers by Rob and Bob Studio which seemed to match my coloured image perfectly and I just gave an aged feel to the papers using some more Distress Ink. Once that is done, I layered the stamped image on top and added some Stickles glue on the little puddle to give a glisten to the water. Then on the scalloped fold, I popped on a flower from the DCWV range, some card candy in the middle of it and also from Craftwork Cards, a greetings plaque as the finishing touch.
And now, I'm off to get some lunch and maybe, sing along to Rihanna...AGAIN!

1 comment:

  1. awwww...now THAT'S a super cute card! :D

    There's SO MUCH to love here! The colour choices are fabulous...the distress ink, again, adds a nice little touch...the glisten of the puddle with Stickles glue...the fold and the large flower that really tie it all together! Not to mention the stamp is beyond perfect...umbrella and all! ;)

    A simply beautiful card, baby!

    ....and now I have that song stuck in my head as well! ;p <333

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for all your comments and messages, they are all appreciated and I hope you'll come back and visit again soon...
Emma ~xx

Powered By Blogger

Total Pageviews