Thursday, 12 August 2010

Walking in a Winter Wonderland

Thank you to everyone who gave me such fabulous feedback about my "Umbrella Emma" card. Every comment means so much to me and as I've said before, I really do appreciate you coming and taking a look at all my little creations and hope you have as much fun looking at them, as I do making them! And because of that wonderful feedback, I was inspired to make this card I'm sharing with you today.
This actually brings together all my favourite things in one card...winter, snow, Christmas and Gorjuss...what more could a girl want!! 

I made this card, in exactly the same way as Umbrella Emma, but instead of using silver gemstones for the rain effect, I used a combination of white adhesive gemstones and pearls to create the snow effect. The "Snowman" decoupage comes from the new Winter Gorjuss Collection from The Crafthouse Press and I am just the luckiest person to get to work with these illustrations and decoupage packs. I really can't rate them highly enough and they are an absolute pleasure to work with. They just keep getting better and better....

I wanted to create a really snowy look and feel to this card and to achieve that, I embossed some white pearlescent card, using the Snowflakes embossing folder from Cuttlebug and I also, die cut some snowflakes using a Spellbinders Shapeabilities Snowflake Wonder dies, which are beautiful. With added additions of Stickles glitter glue and Martha Stewart punches, I think I managed to create my own little winter wonderland card.
Hope you all have a wonderful Thursday!
Love Emma
xx

3 comments:

  1. ooooo! what perfect card to fight off the summer heat! :D I want to break out the sweaters and heavy coats...

    I love the 3D snow...similar to the rain you did earlier...I think that's SO clever! :) love the decoupage but the star of the show is the snowman! SO GORJUSS! :D

    Very COOL ;) card! <333

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's fabulous Emma - love the acetate it gives it such an icy finish.

    Love Lynda xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for all your comments and messages, they are all appreciated.
Please come back and visit me soon...
Emma ~xx

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Total Pageviews