Monday, 31 August 2026

Autumn Serenade....

Happy Monday...

As we begin a new week, it's time for another Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge and this week, we challenge you to GET IN SHAPE and create anything but a square or rectangular project.

With this in mind, I went to my favourite shape, a circle and used products from Sizzix and Tim Holtz to make a card to celebrate the start of Autumn/Fall. I also used a product that I bought a while ago but haven't used until today, the Sizzix Stamp and Spin Accessory Tool, which is so much fun and I can highly recommend if you love pattern building.

So, let's get started, it's time to get into shape....









CARD BLANK

To begin with I created my card blank, and cut two circles of black card, 16.5cm in diameter. I used a WR Makers Circle Cutter that I bought a while back and is still available to buy from stockists, but you can also cut these circles freehand by drawing around a circular object.

I scored a line across the top section of one piece of card, approx 5cm from the top, folded along the scoreline and then, applied adhesive to the area above the scoreline before attaching this piece to the second circle to form my card blank.

LAYERS

To form the base for my final layer, I cut further circles of card. I began with the largest, a circle of Kraft card which I machine stitched to add a border around the edge.

I then cut a 14.5cm circle of black card, followed by a layer of cream card, inked with Walnut Stain Distress Ink. Each layer is reduced in size by 0.5cm to form a border.

Once I had my card base, it was time to create the wreath design and central focal point...

BACKGROUND

For the background, I used the Sizzix Stamp and Spin Accessory Tool to create my circular wreath.

As I mentioned at the beginning if you circles and you love pattern building, then this tool is a must but, and please be aware of this, you do need to use this product in conjunction with the Sizzix Stamp and Stencil Tool ~ it will not work without.

I began by using a piece of Distress Watercolour card which I placed inside the Stamp and Stencil Tool. For the background, I used stamps from the Stampers Anonymous Leaf Print 2 and Floral Outlines Stamp sets, both by Tim Holtz. I positioned one of the smaller leaf print stamps onto the Stamp and Spin Tool, and inked this with Antique Linen Distress Ink. The finished card panel, is approx 14cm, so be aware to keep the stamping within this diameter.

Stamp the first image onto the watercolour card, and then re-ink the stamp and spin the tool, repeating the stamped image to form the circle.

The reason I stamped the image with a pale ink, is because it is giving you the basic shape for the wreath and acts as a guide for when I add the second layer of leaves.

After selecting some of the stamps from the Floral Elements stamp set and using one stamp at a time, I positioned the chosen stamps onto the stamp and spin tool but this time, I stamped the images using various autumnal colours of Distress Inks, inking up the stamps and then spritzing with a light mist of water and stamping the image onto the card, spinning the tool to create the wreath.

Once I was happy with background, I used the largest of the SSS Basic Shape Circles Die Set to die cut the card shape and machine stitched a border around the edge.

You now have the background and place this to one side to create the next layer.

Using the standalone Stamp and Stencil Tool and the same leaf image from the Leaf Print 2 stamp set, stamp 8 leaves onto Distress Watercolour Card.

To create the watercolour effect, I used the following Mini Distress Inks:

Peeled Paint, Crackling Campfire, Seedless Preserves, Rusty Hinge, Wild Honey

I applied the inks to the stamps and then misted the ink with water, before stamping them onto the card.

I then used the SSS Leaf Print 2 Co-ordinating Die set to die cut each image.

After lightly inking the edges of each leaf with Old Paper Distress Ink, I added foam pads to the back and attached them onto my background, using the paler stamped outline, that I did at the beginning as a guide as to where to place them.

CENTRAL LAYERS

For the central layers, I used a combination of Basic Circle Shapes and Stitched Circles to cut and build up my card layers, which I attached with foam pads to the centre of the wreath. The card layers comprise of gold metallic Kraft card, a layer of green Kraft card and watercolour card, inked with Antique Linen Distress Ink.

I then added my Funky Insect, the beetle, which I attached to the centre of the circles, placing it over the top of some frayed Mummy Cloth and a small off cut of a Mica Tile from my own stash.

For the tutorial of how I used Distress Embossing Glaze and the colours that are needed to create this funky insect, just click HERE.

For the finishing touches, I used a remnant rub, no.761, taken from the Specimen Remnant Rub set and added this to the leaf in the centre, at the bottom of the circle....

....and finally, I attached some Hardware Heads around the outside edge of the layered circles, which I altered with Crackling Campfire, Black Soot and Antiqued Bronze Distress Paints, to create more of a rusty finish to the metal.

So that's my project complete and I hope you love the tips and techniques I've used to create it.


As always, if you make anything, or if you've been inspired by anything that you've seen here on my blog ~ then please, let me know by tagging me on social media or leaving a comment here and I will be right over to take a look!

Don't forget that every week, one lucky random participant has the chance to win a $25 gift voucher from Simon Says Stamp and you can join in up to 5 times, which means you could have 5 chances to winYou have until next Monday at 8am Ohio time. 1pm UK time, 2 pm CET to join in and good luck....






Thank you so much for taking the time to stop by today...
Love Emma xxx

Recipe for project:

SSS/Tim Holtz Stamps and Dies Bundles: Leaf Prints 2
Stampers Anonymous: Floral Elements
Distress InkWalnut Stain, Peeled Paint, Crackling Campfire, Seedless Preserves, Rusty Hinge, Wild Honey
Distress PaintsCrackling Campfire, Black Soot and Antiqued Bronze
Mica Tile

1 comment:

  1. Wow - this is absolutely amazing. That insect is so realistic! Gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for all your comments and messages, they are all appreciated and I hope you'll come back and visit again soon...
Emma ~xx

Powered By Blogger

Total Pageviews