Wednesday 15 February 2017

Shine Brightly...

Hey everyone!

Hope you are all good and having a great start to the week! Did you have a good Valentine's Day and did you receive any cards from secret admirers?

Today, I'm sharing another sample that I created for Tim Holtz for this year's Creativation show! This particular project was made for the idea-ology booth and features the largest of the Vignette Boxes!
I decided for this project I wanted to create the feel of a vintage schoolroom and used a combination of new and old idea-ology products to decorate the box but the main focus was all about that image from the Paper Dolls set and after colouring her with Distress Marker Pens, I perched her on top of a cotton reel and sat her in the corner, holding a mirrored star.

As you can see I lined the inside of the box using papers from the Memoranda paper stash! This stash is just so, SO beautiful and if you loved Wallflower ~ then you are going to adore this one! The edges of the box are lined with one of the tapes from the Journey Designer Tape set. I also added one of the Ruler pieces and attached it to the back wall of the box.
Now for those finials ~ oh be still my beating heart...I just LOVE those finials and they are the perfect finishing touches to add to the Vignette Box.
I wanted to keep the natural wood showing on the outside of my box, so I painted the finials with a layer of gesso before adding Distress Paints in various shades of brown. Once I was happy with the colour, I then sanded back some of the paint to create a more vintage, worn look and applied a really small amount of Gold Mixative Alcohol Ink over the top before attaching the finials to the top and bottom of my box!
On the inside, I added a Trophy Cup which contained a pencil, paintbrush and a Pen Nib, together with some of the new Bouquet Findings. You can add colour to these pretty little flowers using Distress Stains or Sprays but I wanted to keep a really pretty delicate feel to them, so I just added a blush of yellow to the centres and kept the flowers white.
The clock is made from a piece in the Snippets Ephemera set and I just added some real watch parts to tell the time.

To complete the box, I used a Quote Chip ~ Shine Brightly!
...and here's my project in the wonderful idea-ology booth at Creativation 2017!
Image found on Pinterest
Thanks so much for stopping by today and I really hope you love this project and thank you once again to Tim, Mario and to Paula for inviting me along to be a part of this amazing adventure!
See you soon....love Emma x

9 comments:

  1. Absolutely Gorgeous project Emma that really does capture the feel of a Vintage schoolroom wonderfully with all your trademark attention to detail - so many fabulous touches .
    So lovely to see it close up - thank you for sharing .
    Big hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful job Emma. Very inspiring. You and Paula are doing great job with vignette boxes which I had bypassed. Now I have a set and see how they can be used. Can't wait for the release of the new products. Thank you for sharing the possibilities with us!

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG ... still squealing ... the details; memoranda papers, designer tape; bouquet findings in trophy cup, with linen ribbon, and paper doll ... squeal ( okay, okay ... I'll stop... NOT ) !!! Love the Emma touches <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. A sweet girl perched on a spool of thread... Ah Emma, you've stolen my heart with this beauty!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very cool... love her little art-tools... she's just ready to create! Congrats on sharing your project in the Ideaology booth... what an achievement!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Absolutely gorgeous!!! Its everything that you wanted it to be and more

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is so sweet!I love it.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for all your comments and messages, they are all appreciated and I hope you'll come back and visit again soon...
Emma ~xx

Powered By Blogger

Total Pageviews