Monday 7 May 2012

Viva La France

Hope you're all enjoying this slightly damp and soggy, Bank Holiday Monday! When I woke up this morning to find the sun streaming through the blinds, I actually had high hopes but, then the heavens opened and to be honest, let's face it...this is the UK and Bank Holidays and rain, seem to always go hand in hand! lol.

So, I'm sure the Barbara Gray fans amongst you all couldn't help but notice that she was on Create and Craft over the weekend and that means that I get to finally reveal what I made for the shows...starting with this one!! Which couldn't have worked better to share on today of all days and seems quite topical ~ I hope you like it...
I created this card, using Distress Inks to colour my French flag and then, I just used the Eiffel Tower stamp on the middle section. I then added some seam binding to create a shabby feel to the overall look of the card.

...and this card, using all the stamps that were in the set, was one that I made roughly a year ago but it's still going strong and see's the light of day on TV!
Right, I'm off to work on a magazine commission...all work and no play, today!!
See you all soon and thank you so much for leaving such wonderful comments...I really do appreciate them all and I'll be round to see all your blogs, later tonight when I sit down with a glass of Pinot Grigio!
Bye for now...
Love Emma xxx

7 comments:

  1. Two fabulous cards Emma - especially loving the embossing folder you've used for the second one.
    Enjoy your glass of wine later when you've finished your work

    ReplyDelete
  2. fab cards...the first one stands out for me. Have a good evening...dont work too hard!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great cards Emma, love how you have used the flag for your inspiration on the first and fab layout on the second. Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love these Emma; I remember the second one very well.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Emma, its true what they say - Style never goes out of fashion, and its the same with your cards, new or old!
    Avril xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. wow! the colours in the French Flag! MAGNIFIQUE! :P using the Distress Inks gives it a different look that works...well done!

    :D

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for all your comments and messages, they are all appreciated and I hope you'll come back and visit again soon...
Emma ~xx

Powered By Blogger

Total Pageviews