Tuesday 15 February 2011

Magic Happens

Hi everyone!! Despite the gloomy day outside, I hope you're all having a wonderful Tuesday and a big hello to my 60th follower!! It's always lovely to see a new face on the blog.

So, today is the start of my week of shares of all the cards I made for the ClarityStamp show which was live on Create and Craft, last Sunday and phew, what a show!! Once again, Barbara's wonderful stamps flew out the door and unfortunately, not many of the DT members cards got shown...yes, it was THAT busy!! Anyway, for all my lovely followers you get to see them, right here and here's the first two...
I was really pleased with the way this card worked out and I loved the background colours that I managed to create, by "squidging" my Big & Juicy ink pad onto my craft mat, spritzing it with water, then just dragging my paper across the ink. What I love about this technique is that you will NEVER be able to achieve the same effect twice...the ink is in complete control and it's always a surprise to see what you might come up with when you turn your paper over.


This card was made using the "Wishing You Well" set of stamps and on this card, I built up the background to the image by blending Distress Inks to create this moonlit night scene. The wishing well is coloured using various shades of grey Promarkers.



I hope you like the first of my shares and I'll be back tomorrow with the next batch...
So, I'll see you all, then...bye for now!!
Love Emma
xxx

4 comments:

  1. anytime you have cards to share, the gloomy days seem to go away! :D I only wish these cards could have had more time on air on Sunday...oh well...C'est la vie!

    at least we get to see them in detail here and how beautiful they are up close..the colours and shading are just stunning! it's one thing to "stamp and colour" but these really take it to the next level!

    just stunning! :)
    <333

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think it's such a shame that the cards get overlooked on the shows when an item sells out - these are fabulous and at least those of us in the know can view them whenever we want ;-) Great inspiration!

    Love Lynda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Emma,
    I adore these! Love the technique you used on the first one to make the background. Beautiful colours and shaing. xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for all your comments and messages, they are all appreciated and I hope you'll come back and visit again soon...
Emma ~xx

Powered By Blogger

Total Pageviews