Wednesday 16 June 2010

Sing Little Birdie...Sing!!

I've been so busy over the last few days that I totally forgot that it was Father's Day on Sunday! So, today I thought I'd better make a card for ~ in my opinion, the best Dad in the world!! My Dad suffered from Prostate Cancer a few years ago and since then, I cherish every day I have with him...

And here's his special card...I hope I've done him proud and that he will love it...just as much as I loved making it...
As many of my followers know, I love Tim Holtz and I think my main aim in life would be to own every single product he's ever made or put his name too! But when I showed my Dad some of Tim's work, he fell in love with it, just as much as myself. So, I knew exactly what I wanted to create for his Father's Day card...and here it is...

I used Tim's fabulous new Elegant Flourishes, Vintage Market Alphabet and Caged Bird dies from Sizzix and combined them together, with the Spellbinders Flower Creations Dies. Once I'd die cut Tim images, I painted the cage and the flourishes in Brushed Pewter Crackle Paint and allowed to dry. On the bird itself, I used Distress Inks to colour the image and then covered the wing in Distress Stickles Glitter Glue, to give a glassy, twinkly look.

So, now for the flowers....yes, I did cut up an old book and used the pages to make my flowers!! My only tip here is...just make sure that there's nothing in the print that you wouldn't want people to see or read...you don't want to embarrass them!! I inked the edges and then built up my flowers and as a finishing touch, added card candy to the centres.

Hope you all have a fabulous day and don't forget to spoil your Dad on Sunday!!
Emma
xx

1 comment:

  1. Your dad will LOVE this card...as anyone receiving it would! and as you said, just being able to spend another year with him is something to DEFINITELY celebrate! He's lucky to have such an amazing daughter as you! :)

    and what can I say about this card? I love the uniquely decorated flowers...the colours you used...but for me, it's the bird & the birdcage that steal the show! the metallic look of the birdcage and the layering of the bird are just brilliant!

    Fabulous work!!! :D <333

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for all your comments and messages, they are all appreciated and I hope you'll come back and visit again soon...
Emma ~xx

Powered By Blogger

Total Pageviews