Wednesday 17 February 2010

From me to you....

This was made as a special birthday card and first of all I want to thank the wonderful postal service for delivering this card all the way to the USA, safe and sound and with no damage at all!

So, as for me...the flu has disappeared but I've been left with a cough that is as stubborn as hell, wearing me out and just will not budge but I just thought I'd drop in and share this card with you all and say hi. Then, I will disappear back to the sofa with a nice warm cup of coffee, a box of chocolates ~ which there is always room for, whether I'm feeling under the weather or not...and the latest episode of Glee, which I'm loving at the moment!

Anyways, enough about me...back to the card....

Another easel card, which really is the shape of the moment and deservedly so...they're a great shape to work with and on this one I used some stunning backing papers which are all in neutral and aged tones, from a company called Memory Stor. I used Martha Stewart's ~ Loop border punch for a decorative edge to the paper and then built up layers of the papers and adhered these to the easel shape card. The gorgeous image of the elegant Art Deco lady is from Hero Arts, which I stamped on a piece of cream card, distressed around the edges with distress inks and then coloured in using Promarkers.
The script image is from a company called Crafty Individuals and once again, I stamped this onto cream card with a black Stazon ink pad and distressed the edges. Then using co-ordinating colours I matted and layered both images and then stuck these down, slightly overlapping the edge of the top of the card. As a finishing touch, I added a silk flower, small button and a greetings plaque and as a final flourish a small pearl onto my very elegant lady's hat.



1 comment:

  1. Safe & sound and warmly received! :D Your pictures are lovely but this card has to be seen to be believed! The attention to detail and the precision with which it's done is what really jumps out...

    The warm tones, the pinks and browns...the distressed edges...the bit of glitter on the bottom of her coat...right down to the silk flower to match the flowers in the backing paper...all of it adds up to something extraordinary!

    Just beautiful...one of my favourite designs, the easel card...and something to be treasured! :)

    Amazing as always, baby! <333

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for all your comments and messages, they are all appreciated and I hope you'll come back and visit again soon...
Emma ~xx

Powered By Blogger

Total Pageviews