Monday 11 January 2010

Mirror, Mirror

Any good crafter or scrapbooker, knows that you NEVER throw anything away, even the tiniest pieces of paper all have a purpose at the end of the day. And believe me, 9 times out of 10, they really do come in useful...well, that's if I can remember that, the 1cm strip of pink card that I had left over from a larger sheet which I probably used 1 year ago, is somewhere in one of those many boxes of the many off cuts that I'm keeping.

But this card is proof that, you don't throw anything away...

With the use of some magic tape, the main flower image is made up from the negative, of what is left on a peel off sticker backing sheet. After using the magic tape to lift the image from the backing sheet, I then carefully transposed the elements to a piece of silver mirri card. Once that is done, I matted and layered it onto a black piece of card and using a corner cutter, shaped the edges. I used the Black Soot Distress Ink around the edges of the piece of red spot backing paper and then cut two further strips of paper which I stuck across the card. The main mirror image is stuck using foam pads to give dimension and as the final touch, I used a greeting plaque from Craftwork Cards, which I colour tinted using a Versamark Dew Drop ink pad, and some beautiful metallic studs, which I purchased from Paperchase.




1 comment:

  1. "waste not ~ want not" :D

    What a brilliant idea to use the leftover from a sticker backing sheet, of all things! Very inventive and fabulous card, baby! :) <333

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for all your comments and messages, they are all appreciated and I hope you'll come back and visit again soon...
Emma ~xx

Powered By Blogger

Total Pageviews