Saturday 27 February 2021

Simon Says Stamp Hello Beautiful Blog Hop

Hello friends and welcome to Day 2 of the Simon Says Stamp Hello Beautiful Blog Hop...

I'm so happy to be joining so many talented designers as one of the stops on this hop and if you'd like to see this fabulous new release in full, then just pop over to Simon Says Stamp.

You might have arrived here from Bobbi Lemanski's blog, but if you've just popped by and would like to join us for this fun hop, then don't worry because you can head back to the beginning over on Simon Says Stamp's Blog. Also, if you make anything using any of the awesome new products from this release, then we would love for you to share your creations with us in the Hello Beautiful gallery.

For my card, I combined a couple of the new products, the Spring Blooms Corner Die and the Slimline Beautiful You stamp set and I combined these to create a vintage style card which I hope you love!


To begin with I created my tent style card base, 15 x 20cm from black card and added a layer of gold pearl card, slightly smaller in size to create a black border around the edge.

Moving onto the background and the decorative die cut panel.

I cut a panel of Mixed Media Heavystock card, 13 x 14cm and inked it with a combination of Antique Linen, Pumice Stone, Frayed Burlap Tim Holtz Distress Spray Stains and Frayed Burlap Oxide Spray. Once I misted the cardstock with a light spray of water I spritzed the stains to directly onto the card panel.

Taking the Spring Blooms Corner die, I placed this in the top left hand corner, and ran it through my die cutting machine. I then flipped the die to the bottom right hand corner and again ran through my machine.

I added some stamping to the background using Jet Black Archival Ink and the script stamp from Stampers Anonymous The Poinsettia and the postmark and receipt number stamps from the Field Notes stamp set. Both sets are by Tim Holtz.


After inking the edges with Walnut Stain Distress Ink, I machine stitched a border all around the outside of the die cut panel.

After cutting a second panel of the Heavystock card, 14 x 15cm, I used the corner die to cut a stencil from Sizzix Stencil Film sheets. This will mean that I can ink through the stencil to obtain the correct placement of ink when I place the die cut card panel over the top.

Placing the die cut stencil film onto the second card panel, I inked the flowers and leaves through the stencil using Kitsch Flamingo Oxide Ink for the flowers and Peeled Paint and Forest Moss Oxide Inks for the leaves. Repeat to ink the flowers and leaves in the opposite corner.

Machine stitch a border around the inked panel and then mount the die cut and stamped panel over the top, aligning the die cutting with the inking on the second panel, so that it lines up perfectly.

Cut a strip of vellum, 3cm wide and ink up the 'You Make Life, Beautiful' stamps from the Beautiful You stamp set using clear embossing ink. Sprinkle gold embossing powder over the top and heat emboss until molten.

Wrap the vellum sentiment strip around the decorative card panel, securing it by machine stitching down each side and adding Tiny Clips to hold it securely in place.

I mounted the matted card panels onto the top section of my card using foam pads for dimension and a little height.

Underneath the decorative panel, I used the Crochet Die Set by Tim Holtz to die cut a strip of Mixed Media card stock inked with the same colours as I used on the background panel. After inking the edges of the die cut with a little Frayed Burlap ink, I then adhered it onto another strip of inked card stock and mounted this underneath the decorative panel, again using foam pads.

To complete the strip, I attached two gold metallic droplets and a couple of buttons from my own stash.

We're nearly there and all that's left to do are the finishing touches...

...and the first of those is the tie of Mummy Cloth, (taken from the Tim Holtz Halloween Trimmings set) that I coloured using Antique Linen and Kitsch Flamingo Distress Spray Stains. I just spritzed the cloth with the stains and then dried it throughly before wrapping it around my card and securing it with a Mini Pin and an Antiqued Gem.

Finally, I added small dots of Tonic Nuvo Chalk Stick Vintage Drops to the decorative die cut panel.

HOP ORDER

Simon Says Stamp Blog 

Laura Bassen

Debby Hughes

Amanda Korotkova

Bibi Cameron

Heather Hoffman

Yoonsun Hur

Bobbi Lemanski

Emma Williams (you are here)

Vicky Papaioannou

Dilay Nacar

Kim Hamilton

Natasha Vacca

Kath Stewart

Mandy Stacey


Simon Says Stamp is giving away a $25 coupon to every stop on the blog hop! This means you can leave a comment here and on every stop along the way to increase your chances. Winners will be posted on the Simon Says Stamp blog on Wednesday, 3rd March and all winners will need to contact/email Simon Says Stamp to claim their prize. 

Also, last but by no means least ~ we are also running a special surprise promotion in conjunction with this hop and you can claim one free gift of your choice, the gorges Rose Trio stencil! The offer is valid until 28th February at 11:59 EST, or while supplies last and the code you need to use to claim your gift, is: RSE542

Thanks so much for hopping by today, hope to see you again soon!
Emma xx


RECIPE FOR CARD:

Simon Says Stamp HELLO BEAUTIFUL Release: Spring Blooms Corner Die, Slimline Beautiful You
Tim Holtz Stamps: Field Notes, The Poinsettia
Tim Holtz/Sizzix Dies: Crochet Thinlits
Distress Ink: Walnut StainFrayed Burlap
Distress Oxide Inks: Kitsch Flamingo, Peeled Paint, Forest Moss
Distress Spray Stain: Pumice Stone, Frayed Burlap, Antique Linen, Kitsch Flamingo
Distress Oxide Spray: Frayed Burlap
Surfaces: Tim Holtz Mixed Media Heavystock Card, Simon Says Stamp Vellum, Black and gold pearl card from my own stash
Foam Pads
Big Shot
Buttons from my own stash

106 comments:

  1. WOW! This is an absolutely awesome card. Thanks so much for the very detailed instructions. Love how you created the stencil to go with the die cut.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A great, unique card using the new release. Love the textures and layers.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE the rustic vintage look and the stitching! STUNNING!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful vintage look with so much pretty detail in it.
    Melissa
    "Sunshine HoneyBee"

    ReplyDelete
  5. As always, Emma, I am amazed! I so look forward to seeing your makes. Stunning, delicate, detailed are a few descriptive words - but what I most love is the peaceful feeling of being home I get from gazing upon your treasures. 💕

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, so many details, I just love your card :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. So gorgeous... love the additions of the postal stamp and always enjoy adding sewing. Wonderful colors also. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous! Love the colors peeking through the die. Thanks for sharing your talent!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Really like the vintage style for the wonderful die! Wonderful use if all the details.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I like the vintage look of this card. You put so much detail into this card that I just want to study all the elements.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Very lovely card. So much attention to detail on this vintage card. Loved that you used the new Kitsch Flamingo; it contrasted sharply with the Peeled Paint/Forest Moss. TFS.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Stunning card!! Love the vintage feel!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. In the first two pictures of this card I kept flipping back and forth between them. In one it looks like you colored the paper behind the die cuts and in the other it looks like you glued the negative image to the card front. It is a neat trick in perspective. It is a beautiful card. I wish I could get the hang of doing vintage cards like this one.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love this so much!!!!!!! The rustic feel is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I was very excited to see your creation... and ta da! I totally love it! I love your antique touch♥

    ReplyDelete
  16. Gorgeous card! Thanx for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  17. What a beautiful card with a vintage look. The details are awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I am blown away by you vintage style card! Really amazing and beautiful. I’d like to see more in this style. It is lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Really Really Beautiful!! Love it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Beautiful detailed work! Whoever gets this is surely going to feel loved! ❤️

    ReplyDelete
  21. Wow! What a gorgeous card- so many beautiful details! Love the colors!

    ReplyDelete
  22. I love the vintage look & those gorgeous flowers! Great card!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Emma, your card is so elegant and vintage looking!! Stunning!! I love how you die cut a stencil to ink up the flowers and leaves...brilliant!!! You are so talented!! Thanks for sharing!!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Wow you took this die to a different level. You are so very artistic love love it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Beautiful “old fashioned” card!!

    ReplyDelete
  26. love the vintage colors on this pretty card

    ReplyDelete
  27. This is so beautiful!! I love the colors. Thanks for the great directions on how you achieved this look.

    ReplyDelete
  28. This is an amazing card. I like the details you put into it.

    ReplyDelete
  29. Okay..this is amazing! This might be the coolest thing I have seen this year...love!

    ReplyDelete
  30. Lovely card! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  31. Beautiful card! Thanks for sharing it!

    ReplyDelete
  32. So, so pretty! This one would take me a while!

    ReplyDelete
  33. So much vintage Beauty!!! Love this!!!

    ReplyDelete
  34. So beautiful! Love the vintage feel to this card, as well as your choice of colours, layers and your finishing touches! Love this!

    ReplyDelete
  35. Love the antique look!
    Donna de Gale-Kalloo
    degalekalloo@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  36. Oh my gosh these are beautiful! I love these cards and your style and the new release from Simon Says! I'm not even through the blog hop yet and I'm wanting all of it!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my gosh these are beautiful! I love these cards and your style and the new release from Simon Says! I'm not even through the blog hop yet and I'm wanting all of it!!! Teresa Durn todostamper@gmail.com

      Delete
  37. One of my very favorite color combos...just lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  38. Love the distressed vintage vibe. Awesome card!!

    ReplyDelete
  39. Love the beautiful vintage look and all the embellishments!

    ReplyDelete
  40. Now that is a wow!! card! Love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  41. Your style is so lovely! I love what you did with the corner die! It’s in my cart now!

    ReplyDelete
  42. Your card is absolutely gorgeous -- so elegant!

    ReplyDelete
  43. Such a pretty card! thanks for sharing, Brenda West

    ReplyDelete
  44. Stunning! Your card is amazing and so unique. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  45. Absolutely a stunner! Love your style and the way the products have been used is amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  46. Love, Love, Love this card. Love the colors and texture. So beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
  47. This is stunning, amazing work!!

    ReplyDelete
  48. This is amazing technique territory. I really want a video so I can try it. LOVE LOVE

    ReplyDelete
  49. What an elegant card! Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  50. Absolutely lovely, the layers & texture you achieved is wonderful

    ReplyDelete
  51. Gorgeous. Love all the textures, layers and your choice of colors.

    ReplyDelete
  52. What a cool vintage card!
    Thanks for sharing and walking us through your creative process.

    ReplyDelete
  53. Your card is exquisite! Your work is always breathtaking

    ReplyDelete
  54. stunning! love the vintage vibes!!

    ReplyDelete
  55. Your creation is absolutely breathtaking, Emma! You are one of my favorite designers; thanks for the step-by-step instructions.!

    ReplyDelete
  56. Your card is so charming and pretty! I love the vintage feel of it! I have enjoyed seeing all the new wonderful Simon Says Stamp new things during this hop!

    ReplyDelete
  57. I love this card! The coloring through the springs bloom corner die is gorgeous and I must try this. The vintage feel, the sweet details... swoon! This release makes me so happy!

    ReplyDelete
  58. Love all the textures and layers. Lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  59. As always your attention to detail is simply stunning, love your gorgeous card!

    ReplyDelete
  60. Fantastic as always!! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  61. Great vintage card. Thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  62. The layers of texture add to the vintage look of your card. I love the addition of the kitsch flamingo coloring to the beautiful corner cutouts. Stunning card!

    ReplyDelete
  63. I just love the Spring Blooms Corner Die... one of my favorites of the release! Gorgeous card with such beautiful details!

    ReplyDelete
  64. Love love this, your color palette is so up my alley. Vintage, with texture.

    ReplyDelete
  65. Loved the vintage look of this stunning card, just love it. Thanks so very much

    ReplyDelete
  66. So many wonderful design details on your card, just lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  67. Beautiful vintage "lace" card!

    ReplyDelete
  68. You did a wonderful job creating a vintage card. It's beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  69. This card is simply gorgeous! Love the vintage feel and the soft, feminine colors!

    ReplyDelete
  70. Gorgeous card. This is one
    that goes on display on the
    mantle. thanks for sharing
    txmlhl(at)yahoo(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  71. Emma, this is a stunning card. I appreciate all of the mixed media you used to create it. ❤️

    ReplyDelete
  72. Love the vintage look of your card ❤️

    ReplyDelete
  73. So many lovely details to make your card so special. Just love what you do.

    ReplyDelete
  74. Wow, so very beautiful, every detail is perfection!

    ReplyDelete
  75. Hi, Emma - Your work here only confirms my choice. I have already ordered that die and I'm sitting here thinking that I will be very happy when that die gets to me. You're very talented and I thank you for the example!
    Lori S in PA

    ReplyDelete
  76. I’m not sure if my comment went through. There was an error when I was publishing it.
    Awesome, simply awesome. I love the detailing you brought to the card it all came together beautifully. I love the use of vellum for the sentiment. It was the perfect choice. Thank you for detailed instruction you took the time to add. I appreciate your art.

    ReplyDelete
  77. Wow that is a beautiful card!!!

    ReplyDelete
  78. Emma, this is just absolutely gorgeous!!It's like a piece of artwork. Thanks for such wonderful inspiration. :)
    Angie
    abcammack@comcast.net

    ReplyDelete
  79. The vintage style of your card is unique to this blog hop; it's very nice and I appreciate the touches of lavender, cuz I like the color but rarely think to use it. Good idea.

    ReplyDelete
  80. Absolutely beautiful card! ❤️
    Thanks for sharing...

    ReplyDelete
  81. The little white highlights are a cute touch that I don't remember to do. Really sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  82. I love the vintage look and all the details to your card. The colors under the die...just perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  83. Beautiful card! I love the design and the color combination. Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  84. Beautiful card! There are so many details! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  85. Lovely card. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  86. Such a beautiful choice of colours.

    ReplyDelete
  87. Wonderful card and great style.

    ReplyDelete
  88. Beautiful--I like the vintage look.

    ReplyDelete
  89. This card is a labor of love!

    ReplyDelete
  90. great rustic vintage look!!

    ReplyDelete
  91. I just had to hop on here to tell you how outstanding your project is, and the results you achieved. This is absolutely stellar! WoW, beautiful work!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for all your comments and messages, they are all appreciated and I hope you'll come back and visit again soon...
Emma ~xx

Powered By Blogger

Total Pageviews