Sunday 17 November 2013

Together at Christmas...

Good morning friends...

Firstly, I wanted to say thank you for all the lovely comments that you left me on my November tag...you really do make all the hard work so worthwhile and a big hello to my new followers...welcome aboard and I hope you'll enjoy all my future posts.

Well, I can't believe I haven't posted since Wednesday, where has this week gone? But I hope you're all enjoying your weekend. Me? I'm as busy as ever but enjoying every minute but the one thing that I must start to make time for is ~ preparing for Christmas!! I need to bake a cake, start thinking about Christmas food and most of all, get some presents!! As for cards, eek...I think I'm going to be one of those crafters that doesn't make her own again...but I have made a lot of Christmas cards for magazine projects and the various design teams I work with so...I've got a really good excuse, don't I???

In the meantime, I do have a Christmas card to share today and this is the first of two cards that I made for the November issue of Making Cards Magazine. As always, I really hope you love it!!
You can buy back issues of the magazine and read all about how I made this card ~ HERE.
But for those of you who want to get ahead, the main ingredients are:
Backing Papers ~ Papermania
Sizzix Dies ~ Reindeer Flight by Tim Holtz, Mini Leaf and Branch Die and Movers and Shapers Magnetic Die Set ~ Oval
"A Joyful Christmas" Stamp from Joyful Song Stamp Set by Tim Holtz
Tim Holtz Distress Glitters ~ Antique Linen and Vintage Photo (Lurve these!!!)
Twine, Buttons, Seam Binding, Tinsel and Holly Punch


So, I hope this card has given you some inspiration for your Christmas cards and I'd love to hear what you think.

See you tomorrow with the second card from this set and have a great Sunday!!
Bye for now...love Emma xxx



9 comments:

  1. Most suitable for a lady to give to her man? I think so. This is a smart, precise card rather than pretty. Lovely work, Emma.

    Keep going - buy a cake from somewhere? No, well most of my cards have been bought this year for obvious reasons and I doubt I'll ever make as many as previous years - ever again!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely card Emma - says country gent to me. Christmas cards, I have made one! and don't have your excuses- so you are allowed to buy!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. gorgeous card would love that coming through my letterbox <3 great work as usual... does that mean will be buying the mag again!!!?? don't normally go for mags but that's the 1 been buying this year because of your inspiration!!!!! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Emma! I love this card. it has such a "hand-made Christmas craft" feel to it with the plaid, buttons, hearts and string. I love the antlers on the deer and the overall layered layout of the card. Great ideas and great card Emma -- Mary Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful card Emma, love that sentiment stamp!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful card. Festive and just the perfect amount of sparkle.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awesome card love the colors.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for all your comments and messages, they are all appreciated and I hope you'll come back and visit again soon...
Emma ~xx

Powered By Blogger

Total Pageviews