Monday 20 December 2010

Winter Wonderland

Hope you've all had a fabulous weekend and I know I said I was dreaming of a white Christmas but damn you, you've come a week too early. At the moment, like many other's I'm trapped in a winter wonderland and just hoping that there will be some respite so that I can make it to Tesco and get some food. If not...Christmas dinner will be Turkey, without any trimmings or vegetables! Arghhhhh....
In the meantime, at least I have my crafting to keep me busy and here's another of those special cards that I made. Hope you like it... 
I chose to make a wardrobe opening card and once again, I've used all of Tim Holtz's beautiful stamps and dies to make the card and the background to the main image, was created by blending distress inks, to give the effect of a dusky, moonlit night! This is all combined with some stunning backing papers from K & Company.


I've also been making some of my own Christmas decorations...those Martha Stewart glitters were just too stunning not to use and I had some fir cones that I'd collected on a walk in the woods, so...I thought, why not?? And here's the results....
Thanks for stopping by and taking the time to look at my little creation and stay warm, wherever you are!
Love Emma
xxx

2 comments:

  1. well you definitely wanted snow..it's just a shame it's come at such a bad time and with such ferocity! :(

    but well done on the ickle decorating project of yours! proving, not only how useful the glitters are but also your amazing talent! :D

    speaking of which, the card is absolutely gorgeous! not only for the backing paper, stamps, and dies but for wonderfully you put it all together! as amazing to hold, as it is to look at... simply beautiful and special in so many ways! :')

    so very proud..and so very honoured! :* <333

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your card is beautiful Emma and the cones look wonderful with those glitters. Sorry you've got the snow a little earlier than you wished for (it does look gorgeous though) - we've just got the baltic freeze at the moment - it's too cold for snow here :-(

    Can I wish you a very happy Christmas too just in case I don't get here again before the big day!

    Love Lynda xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for all your comments and messages, they are all appreciated and I hope you'll come back and visit again soon...
Emma ~xx

Powered By Blogger

Total Pageviews