Saturday 13 March 2010

To all the Mums out there ~ You Are The Best!

This Sunday, we celebrate Mother's Day in the UK and even though the card that I've made my Mum is "under wraps" and can't be seen until she receives it tomorrow, as soon as I saw these new Patchwork Kingdom images from The Crafthouse Press, I just knew that they would make the most perfect Mother's Day card for all those special Mums out there.

So, this one is for all of you ~ Happy Mother's Day!!

I personally think that decoupage lends itself perfectly to the easel card format...as with any easel, it becomes a display for your piece of artwork. Once I built up the layers of the image, using the 3D foam, I then got down to constructing the rest of the card. On this particular card, I used a corner punch to give me rounded edges and then I used the backing papers that co-ordinated with the decoupage and adhered these to the easel card blank. Through the Cuttlebug, I embossed a piece of white card and then layered this on the front of the card blank before adhering the image on the card. A small tag, with some organza ribbon tied through becomes the fixture for your stand and as the finishing touches, I added some jewels in the flowers and a greeting tag, which I stamped by hand using Paula Pascual's wonderful new stamp range by Personal Impressions.

1 comment:

  1. What an adorable little card! :D Your easel cards are just fabulous and I always look forward to seeing them! :)

    Especially nice layering of the bears on this one...just enough to add some depth and life to them. really love the embossing work and all the little subtle accents and decor...it really comes together quite nicely!

    Fabulous work, baby!!! <333

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for all your comments and messages, they are all appreciated and I hope you'll come back and visit again soon...
Emma ~xx

Powered By Blogger

Total Pageviews