Monday 15 February 2010

Love Stamp

So, it's been a week now and there's no sign of this flu going away! *sigh* But *smiles* that doesn't stop me from getting messy and having my mind whirl with new designs that I want to make and want to create!

This particular card was another that I made for Valentine's Day. The little "love stamp" topper was die cut using a Cuttlebug die and embossing folder onto red card. I used Co-Ordinations range of card because I wanted to sandpaper it and reveal a white core to give it an aged, distressed look. Once that was done, I handstamped a piece of white card using a Memento Dew Drop ink pad in Rhubarb and Anna Griffin's rose background stamp, which I then distressed the edges of with distress inks. I die cut a piece of black card and then matted and layered all my elements onto these lovely scratched effect backing papers from Trimcraft and finished off with black adhesive gem stones.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Em. ;) I really love when you offset red with black. It makes for a very beautiful card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A brilliant bit of invention on the stamp...the aged look of it is especially nice! Once again your use of distressed ink really adds that special touch that I love! :) A card that has to be seen, to be believed! ;)

    A beautiful card, baby...that I'm CERTAIN was well received! :D <333

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for all your comments and messages, they are all appreciated and I hope you'll come back and visit again soon...
Emma ~xx

Powered By Blogger

Total Pageviews