Wednesday 25 October 2017

Found Curiosities...

Hello friends...

Hope you've all had a great start to the week and thank you so much for all the lovely comments you left on my last post...it's always such a joy to read them all!

Today, I'm sharing another of the projects that I created for the Tim Holtz Halloween Inspiration Series ~ my Found Curiosities Box which I created as a piece of home decor and filled with a little surprise of some chocolate treats.


The Vignette Box and Vignette Panel are both covered with papers from the Halloween Paper Stash and I covered the box, inside and out, attaching the papers with Matte Collage Medium.
The top of the box is just packed full of Tim's idea-ology products from the Halloween release ~ the mini pumpkins, boneyard findings, those awesome resin skulls and one of the broomsticks, which are all laid out on a bed of cheesecloth dyed with Pumice Stone and Antique Linen Distress Spray Stains.
For the little corked vials, I crackled the glass on the outside with Rock Candy Crackle Paint and then filled them before then adding the labels. To complete the bottles, I added dripped candle wax over the tops, letting it pour down the sides.
For the frame, I used one of the Framed Portraits and added an easel stand to the back, which allowed the frame to be freestanding...
...I also added a small vase of bouquet findings, dyed with a combination of Chipped Sapphire and Black Soot Distress Spray Stain. I arranged the flowers with some twigs from my garden and hung one of the spiders from the Halloween Adornments.

To complete my box, I attached a Halloween Word Band to a piece of chipboard, covered with linen and adhered it to the front of my box.
Finally, all that's left to do is fill the box with chocolate or candy. I found some chocolate coins in my local supermarket, which I thought worked so well as it looked like it had been stashed away as part of Mrs, M. E. Drury's dowry...
Thanks so much for stopping by today and I hope you've loved this project and I've inspired you with some of my ideas.

See you again soon...Emma x

All Tim Holtz products used in this project are available from Simon Says Stamp

5 comments:

  1. Love this. A lot of great elements.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a cool arrangement of goodies I loved the dangling spider the first time I saw it and now that I can admire each area even more closely I see so many more fantastic finishing details! As always, a wonderful creation!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just fabulous! I'm going to spend my day hunting down the supplies for this so I can get started right away.

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG... another awesome piece ... I just love how you use so much of the product !

    ReplyDelete
  5. Another fabulous piece of halloween home decor , Emma . You have such a gift of knowing which pieces of ideology to use together and where to place them to make for a fantastic arrangement. As always your attention to detail is faultless .
    big hugs x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for all your comments and messages, they are all appreciated and I hope you'll come back and visit again soon...
Emma ~xx

Powered By Blogger

Total Pageviews