Thursday 18 September 2014

Fab 50's

Hello everyone,

Thank you so much for all the lovely comments you left on my last post. I really do appreciate all your visits and the time you take to read all my blog posts ~ it always makes all the hard work that goes into each piece so worthwhile!

Today is a flying visit, I've got numerous projects to make and deadlines are looming...in fact, I daren't look at my "to-do" list, it might send me into fright mode, lol!! But I did want to pop by and welcome my new followers ~ *hello* and to share a card that I made for the September issue of Making Cards Magazine. I was commissioned to create a design with a difference and this, is what I came up with. A 7" record sleeve, complete with "vinyl"! As always, I hope you love it...

My inspiration behind this card was my love of vinyl, (yep...I'm afraid what little space isn't taken up with crafting is taken up with vinyl!!!) and Jen Long's recent release of 1950's dies for Sizzix. I used one of these die sets to decorate the front of my card, together with some shapes that I drew and cut myself.

The beautiful car is die cut from Craftwork Cards pearl card and layered with brushed silver card.
I used glitter card for the stars and added all the elements to a background of polka dot paper from Inspire Me.
The vinyl which pulls out of the sleeve is a circle of black card, mounted on black mirri card. I punched a hole in the centre and stamped it with Tim Holtz's Tall Text stamps. To complete the card, I added an easel at the back so that it would be freestanding.
Right, my break time is over and my coffee has been finished...
Thanks again for stopping by today and I'll see you soon!
Love Emma xxx

7 comments:

  1. Stunning card as always Emma, not a fan of the 50's or it's unique artwork but you have encouraged to look a little closer... :-) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. fab and very retro. loving the car even though it's pink. i was thinking, if one laid lots of circle dies on the 'vinyl' and embossed them, that would have mimicked the grooves.....just a thought, hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your card,wouldn't mind a ride in that car along Route 66 !! 😉

    ReplyDelete
  4. Emma this is so cute and very retro ! Oh it's almost like travelling down Memory Lane.... Guess I'm getting old... Sigh.
    Love your retro card !! Thanks for sharing. You are so clever and creative !!
    Hugs from Monica... Spain

    ReplyDelete
  5. How fun! Love the fun retro images!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a striking design, it looks gorgeous!
    Rebecca.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Striking and very different for you but I love it

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for all your comments and messages, they are all appreciated and I hope you'll come back and visit again soon...
Emma ~xx

Powered By Blogger

Total Pageviews