Tuesday 19 February 2013

A Flying Flower....

The butterfly is a flying flower,
The flower a tethered butterfly.
~Ponce Denis Écouchard Lebrun

Good morning everyone!!

Isn't it just lovely to see some sunshine at last?? I know that it's meant to be turning colder towards the end of the week but it's so good to finally see a bright day and let the sun shine into the rooms!!

Thank you to everyone who came and said hello on my last post and for all your lovely comments. Also a big hello to my new followers...hope you enjoy the journey, as Tim would say and welcome aboard!! I'll look forward to getting to know you...

As you all know, I'm still not running on full speed at the moment and unfortunately on top of the pleurisy, I was given the news that I've also got cracked ribs!! I don't do things by halves do I????? As I said to my best friend, I like to make a statement when I do something...lol!!

So, when I heard that news, I needed to cheer myself up and what better way than to buy some lush Distress Paints!! As yet, I can't play with them but I can look at them, and stroke them....and look at them again in pure admiration!! Lol!!!
So, enough waffling and time to share another little DT project that I made for Barbara and Clarity Stamp, before the blip in my schedule! As always, I hope you like it...
As with some of my previous samples for Barbara, I like to showcase the stamp designs and I thought this was a perfect way to do that!! I thought it would be perfect to create the look of an old artefact... something that you would find in a museum and I hope I have captured that!

The butterfly is stamped onto a Mica Tile and then coloured with Distress Markers and attached to a piece of card which I aged with Distress Inks and tore around the edges.
 I placed the tile on an embossed background and then used the petal stamps in a completely different way to my previous card and used them to create a decorative border.
 
So, I hope this has inspired you to used your stamps in a different way and I'm already looking forward to hearing all your comments!!

Hope you all have a wonderful day and I'll be back soon with another lil creation from Chez Williams'!!

Bye for now...love Emma xxx

10 comments:

  1. Your project is lovely Emma and I so hope you feel better soon! Those paints look so yummy, they are top of my wishlist, hope you get to enjoy them soon!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Buying a new product to look forward to using was a very good idea, a real boost to your 'I-will-get-better-ness'! I like making up words.

    Yet again we are getting two-for-one with your post - beautiful project + stunning photographs. Thanks Emma.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi this is a really pretty card. I like that it draws you straighr to the stamped image. xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi this is a really pretty card. I like that it draws you straighr to the stamped image. xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely card Emma, great idea to make it look like an artefact, love the piece of mica too and the embossed background. Poor you, how did you manage to crack your ribs ? Hope you getvtonenjoy those lovely paints soon. Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  6. I bet you are itching to get your hands on those paints and have a good play, Emma.
    I hope you are feeling up to it very soon.
    Love the card as always.
    Take care of yourself.
    hugs Lisax

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wonderful as always!

    What on earth have you been doing to yourself - pleurisy and cracked ribs?! Hope you're soon better, Emma!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. GORGEOUS!!!! I love these paints! I hope you get to feeling better...not good!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. It's gorgeous Emma, Love the look of those distress paints. Really hope you get better soon.
    C x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Firstly you know you should stop all that work of being a stunt double to avoid cracked ribs!!! (kidding)

    I love black and white and I think that sets off the stamp beautifully. You need something simple but elegant.

    Ooh don't you sometimes want to sit and just stroke things??? I know I do, I've new promarkers and a few distress markers and some new papers and I stare and stroke, I just don't want to use them!! Silly old me eh?

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for all your comments and messages, they are all appreciated and I hope you'll come back and visit again soon...
Emma ~xx

Powered By Blogger

Total Pageviews