Tuesday 4 October 2011

In An English Country Garden...

Hi everyone!!

Hope you're all doing ok and it's a flying visit from me today...had a few internet issues and I'm racing against time to get this posted before my ISP decides to call it a night on me again!!

...and here is my Clarity share for today, I hope you like it!!
I adored this month's set of stamps and loved working with all the wrought iron designs, especially the "boudoir set" which I thought was stunning and I'll be sharing my card, later this week. But this is the garden set featuring the gorgeous bench, tree and kite and to be honest, I wanted to keep it exactly in the manner of how it was designed...as an English country garden. Somewhere you can sit, read a book, hear the birds singing their songs and just relax under the blue skies....
The background of this image was once again made by blending Distress Inks together to build up all the detail, even the little patio was made using DI's. I then stamped and coloured the images with Promarkers and all I can say is thank you, Letraset for inventing those fine nibs...they were wonderful for all this detail!! Now, I just need more...one for every colour I own! lol

okey dokey, time for me to disappear and if my ISP does behave itself, I will be back later to visit your blogs and comment on all your lovely creations.
See you tomorrow!!
Love Emma
xxx

P.S. If you haven't already seen the Frosty Project of the Month from Craftwork Cards ~ why not? lol
It is so cute and features the adorable Frosty and Friends and will be perfect for all your Christmas cards ~ check out Craftwork Cards blog and the inspiration gallery to see all the DT's projects and to see a sneaky peek of what I made with it and will be showing you all, in detail - next week!
xxx

7 comments:

  1. Wow!! That bench is just calling me Emma! So beautiful as always. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree that this set suits the old country garden style and your card is beautiful. I mast work harder with my blending and brayering. Having not done any for a while, I seem to have lost the knack - more practice required>

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow love that bench, so ornate and the scene you have set is fantastic, perfect for the images, I love it. Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Emma, Loved this card when I saw it on TV, in fact all of your cards were gorgeous, and I was so pleased for you as you received great praise from Barbara.
    Love the YouTube clip - Fame at Last!!
    Avril xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Another stunning card - saw this on Sunday's show, think it was also one of Barbara's favorites

    ReplyDelete
  6. nothing like relaxing in a park under the shade of a few trees watching the kites dancing in the skies! :)

    love the decoration on the bench and the surreal roots of the trees...really cute!

    Super well done! :D
    <333

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for all your comments and messages, they are all appreciated and I hope you'll come back and visit again soon...
Emma ~xx

Powered By Blogger

Total Pageviews