Friday 23 April 2010

As Time Goes By...

Happy Friday, everyone and Happy St. George's Day to all those in England!!

It's another beautiful day here in London and the cherry blossom on the trees in my garden is just ready to burst open. Hopefully, I'll manage to take some photos this weekend and share it with you.

Anyway, as the sun has been pouring in through my windows, I've been busy crafting away and especially busy working with some fabulous Vintage 3D Pyramid Decoupage from The Crafthouse Press. If you love Victoriana or Edwardian images, then you will adore these and when I first received them, I knew exactly how I wanted to use the beautiful images of ladies from a bygone era. It's something slightly different to the projects I've been doing of late and because I wanted to recreate an Edwardian feel to my cards, the very first thing I did was raid my craft cupboard to find some K & Company papers that I KNEW would work absolutely perfectly with these images.
So far, I've worked on two projects, using the images and here's the first card that I made....and I hope you love it as much as I've enjoyed working on it.
So, how did I make it? First, I matted and layered the K & Company papers onto a cream card blank, to give a vintage collage effect to the card. I then cut a scalloped oval, using a Spellbinders die, adhered my 3D pyramid image onto the oval and then stuck this to the card front. Once that was done, I attached a piece of organza ribbon, running vertically down the side and tied a bow. I've had these delicate pale pink satin roses in my craft box for a while and to be honest, never found the right project for them, until now. They just worked PERFECTLY! I wrapped the wire stems around a cocktail stick to give a coiled effect and then attached them with silicone glue. Finally, I added the greetings plaque to finish my card.
And over the weekend, I will be showing my second project featuring more of these ladies.

Happy Weekend!!

2 comments:

  1. Your vintage cards are so amazing! and a fitting style of card to display on St. George's Day! :)

    The Pyramid Decoupage is absolutely brilliant...and the backing papers you chose really accentuate the vintage feel...and of course a perfect card to use those distressed inks! Beautiful soft tones throughout...I just love it!!!

    well done & I can't wait to see the next one!!! :D <333

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so beautiful Emma! Such a lovely vintage card, I love it,
    Love Sarita xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for all your comments and messages, they are all appreciated and I hope you'll come back and visit again soon...
Emma ~xx

Powered By Blogger

Total Pageviews