Tuesday 16 March 2010

It's a Gorjuss thing...

As a proud member of The Crafthouse Press ~ Design Team, I've been lucky enough to be able to work on their new release of paper crafting products...and, that new release, just happened to be in conjunction with one of my favourite illustrators, Suzanne Woolcott and her beautiful, Gorjuss range.

They've been an absolute pleasure and joy to work with, the quality is second to none, the images are stunning and if you hadn't guessed by now, I really can't speak highly enough about them. They are simply ~ gorgeous...

For this particular card, "I Love You Little Rabbit"...I first layered the decoupage image using 3D foam and then adhered it to the scalloped ovals which I'd previously die cut from cream and black card, using Spellbinders dies and the Cuttlebug. I cut 1" off the side of a cream card blank and then covered the card, inside and out, with some striped backing paper that comes with the 3D decoupage pack. I matted and layered some red paper, together with more of the striped paper, horizontally across the front section of the card. Then down the side of the front edge, I adhered a Bazzill basics~Just The Edge cardstock strip and then adhered my layered image over the top, slightly overlapping the edge of the card. As finishing touches, I wanted to inject a splash of colour, and red seemed just perfect for this project ~ so, I added some Petaloo paper flowers, a small heart shaped button, which I threaded some fibres through and a greetings plaque. And I think you will agree that this is a card, fit for a princess...

1 comment:

  1. Absolutely charming!!! Crafthouse Press have really hit the mark with the Gorjuss line...

    LOVE the colours on your card...red and black are always a hit with me and the stripes are especially brilliant! it really adds to the goth feel of Suzanne Woolcott's illustration...and once again, your layering is exquisite! :D

    Fabulous work, baby! :D <333

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for all your comments and messages, they are all appreciated and I hope you'll come back and visit again soon...
Emma ~xx

Powered By Blogger

Total Pageviews