Wednesday 10 February 2010

STILL under the weather...

*Sigh*

 Ok, I might be suffering from flu, hardly able to talk because my throat is so sore and not feeling so great but hey, even now, I always try to look on the bright side. And today, my best form of medication came in the way of QVC UK and their Martha Stewart, Today's Special Value... *smiling* Yes, I needed cheering up and no, I couldn't resist this crafting temptation and yes, I did treat myself to it. I was one of the very lucky people to get it before it sold out early this morning...and now, I am one very happy crafter! I can't wait to receive it and start to play.

But in the meantime, I might feel up to making little "essential" purchases but I wasn't really feeling up to making cards again but here's another I've made earlier...

Some of you might recognize the cute Rachelle Anne Miller stamped image of Lily and Milo from a previous post but when I find stamps that I really love, I usually stamp the image a few times, sometimes using different inks and sometimes using different techniques, such as embossing the image with embossing powders. Then I know that when I want to make a quick card, I have the blank image on hand to colour or use how I want to.

So, for this card, I used some beautiful co-ordinating backing papers in blue and yellow and then coloured in my image using Promarker pens to match the papers. As finishing touches, I used a fine nibbed black marker pen to give a stitched look around the main image and then finally, added a aqua blue grosgrain ribbon.

1 comment:

  1. Tell the truth, considering your shopping prowess, you have a your own private number to call into QVC by this point! ;p Well, as long as it's items purchased to create beautiful papercraft items like this one, well then by all means, purchase away! :D

    Really love these stamps you've been showing lately...they're too cute not to love! Beautiful little card, baby!

    ...and get well SOON!
    <333

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for all your comments and messages, they are all appreciated and I hope you'll come back and visit again soon...
Emma ~xx

Powered By Blogger

Total Pageviews