Friday 12 February 2010

I ♥ Paris!

Yes, I really do love Paris, but show me any girl who doesn't! The romance, the history and the sheer beauty of such a wonderful city...what's not to love?

So, for this card...not only are we off to Paris but it's also using one of my favourite colours in crafting...it's pink. To make the card, I used Kanban's range of Loralie Designs. I think these characters are just adorable, not too girly, not too pretty, have a fabulous humour about them and still maintain a very feminine and elegant look to the overall card.
To make this card, I used a piece of A4 Kanban card stock and then using the bone folder and scoring board above, (and mmmhmmm ~ yep, the scoring board is also, in pink...you couldn't get more perfect if you tried) I scored two folds in the card to make a "side gatefold" opening! The images themselves are die cut and when you layer them on top of one another they make this stunning pyramage effect. Using strong adhesive tape, I then put the pyramage image onto the wider part of one of the folds on the front of the card. I then cut a ribbon border and adhered this across the two front sections of the card, so that when it's closed it looks like one continual strip. I added a greetings plaque on the front section and a pearlescent paper flower, with a card candy centre, all from Craftwork Cards onto the smaller folded section. Finally, if you look very closely, as my all important final touch, I placed a small diamante jewel on the top of her handbag.

1 comment:

  1. Stunning card! From the cut and fold of the card, how it pieces together...The Fleur de Lis backing paper...and the little gem on her handbag...it's just brilliant!

    But the "pyramage" effect you created is, by far, my favourite! I love the die cuts you're doing now and coupled with your layering techniques, it's just added such a new dimension to your craft..I love it!

    Fabulous work, baby...and keep them coming!!! <333

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for all your comments and messages, they are all appreciated and I hope you'll come back and visit again soon...
Emma ~xx

Powered By Blogger

Total Pageviews