Saturday 27 July 2019

Simon Says Stamp Believe In You Blog Hop ~ Day 2

Hello everyone and Happy Saturday!

Today, is the second day of the Simon Says Stamp Believe In You Blog Hop and I'm really excited to be joining so many talented designers as one of the stops on this hop! You can see the fabulous new release in full by just popping over to Simon Says Stamp and if you've been hopping along, you'll have arrived here from Karin's blog but if you've just popped by and want to join us for this fun hop, then just head back to the beginning and Simon Says Stamp's Blog.
For my project, I chose to design a card with one very precious person in mind ~ Mom and used a combination of 3 products from this release ~ the Stripe Jumble Background, the Mom & Dad dies and the Cosmos Stem Die to make a card in the vintage style that I love.
So, let's get started and here's how I created my card...
To begin with I made my background and started by cutting a panel of Mixed Media Heavystock Card to measure, 11 x 14cm. I applied Distress Inks, Antique Linen, Old Paper, Pumice Stone and Frayed Burlap to my glass mat and lightly spritzed the inks with water before dragging the card through the inks, picking up the colour. I always heat dry the first layer of colour before going back for a double dip, or even a triple dip and picking up the remaining colour on the glass mat. Once the card is thoroughly dry, I then inked up the Stripe Jumble Background stamp with Versamark Ink Pad and stamped over the top of the inked card panel. Sprinkle some gold embossing powder over the top and tap away the excess before heat embossing the powder until molten.
After inking around the edges of the card, I mounted it onto a piece of blue coloured card from Tim Holtz's Classic Kraft Stash Paper Pad, followed by a panel of burlap, cream card and finally a layer of gold card. I then mounted the layers onto a kraft card blank, 16.5 x 13.5cm.

I wanted to add some texture to this piece, so for the final layer I used the Tim Holtz Stacked Postage Thinlits Die set to die (from my own stash) and cut a panel of Woodgrain Watercolour card, and once again applied the inks that I used previously to my glass mat. I picked up the colour with my card and then inked the edges with Walnut Stain Distress Ink before machine stitching around the edge and matting the panel onto gold metallic kraft stash.

I mounted this layer onto the centre of my covered card blank using foam pads to add some height and dimension
Now to create the focal point of this card, and I began by creating the bouquet of flowers using the gorgeous Cosmos Stem Die.
I started by creating the beautiful shade of blue for the petals and applied Faded Jeans and Blueprink Sketch ink pads to my mat. I used exactly the same technique as I used on the backgrounds by spritzing the inks with water before this time dragging watercolour card through the inks, picking up the colours and building up the intensity by double dipping.

Once I was happy with the colour on the card, I used the Cosmos Stem die to die cut four flowers. The centres of the flowers do pop out and because I wanted to apply a different colour to these, I did a make a second cut using white card, popping out the centres from each of the die cuts and colouring them using Fossilized Amber and Wild Honey Distress Marker Pens.

I then placed the centres back into the flowers and secured them with a small piece of tape at the back of each die cut.

I arranged the flowers into a bouquet, adding a few cut Wildflower Stems 2 into the arrangement. 
You can add any stems or foliage of your choosing but I had these gorgeous Tim Holtz Wildflower Stems left over from a previous project, and just thought they were the perfect accompaniment to complete the bouquet. As a finishing touch, I tied a piece of twine around the stems before attaching a button over the top of the bow.
To create the sentiment circle, I used Tim Holtz's Stitched Circle dies to cut three layers ~ one large black circle, followed by a gold circle and completing the layers with a circle inked with the Distress Inks that I had used previously on the embossed background and the woodgrain background.

After layering the circles, I then used the Mom die to cut my wording ~ the shadow from gold metallic kraft card and the layered sentiment from Mixed Media Heavystock Card, which I had inked with Faded Jeans Distress Inks.

After layering the sentiment, I attached it to my circular matts before mounting it onto the card blank using foam pads.
Taking the die cut Cosmos Stem bouquet, I attached this across the bottom section of my card, using foam pads on the back to add dimension, placing the arrangement over a bed of floristry sisal fibres, that I have in my stash.
To complete the card, I added some sequins and a little 'thank you' message, cut from the SSS Sentiment Strips, that I attached to my bouquet.
So, I hope you've enjoyed this final stop on the blog hop and loved the card I've made for you.
HOP DETAILS:
Simon Says Stamp is giving away a $25 coupon to every stop on the blog hop! This means you can leave a comment here and on every stop along the way to increase your chances. Winners will be posted on the Simon Says Stamp blog on Wednesday, 31st July. Also, last but by no means least ~ we are also running a special surprise promotion in conjunction with this hop and to celebrate the fact that the amazing Tim Holtz is our current brand of the month, you can claim an exclusive free gift ~ a Mini Distress Resist Spray! The offer is valid until 31st July or while supplies last and no code is required!


HOP ORDER:


Thanks so much for hopping by today, hope to see you again soon!
Emma xx


RECIPE FOR CARD:
Tim Holtz/Sizzix: Stitched Circles, Stacked Postage Thinlits Die Set, Wildflower Stems 2
Heat Gun
button and sisal fibres from my own stash

112 comments:

  1. This card is awesome! Love the beautiful background and the gorgeous layering.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely gorgeous card!! Very beautiful design!! The blue is such a vibrant and fabulous color!! Thank you so much for sharing this with us!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow Faded Jeans and Blue print sketch sure make a pretty blue for your flowers, they sure pop!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow!! Stunning card!! What an awesome design, colors, perfect choice of details and layering! <3

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOWZERS Emma, this is positively STUNNING! I am sure your precious Mother will treasure this (I know I would!) Stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Replies
    1. STOP COPYING AND PASTING TO WIN! I will be letting EVERY hop know about you until you start appreciating the work the DTs are doing

      Delete
  7. This is incredible!!!! The colors the design... you should frame this! I love the blue and gold together!

    ReplyDelete
  8. So so beautiful. Your layering is exquisite xox

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fantastic layering and mix of textures on this card !!

    ReplyDelete
  10. When I looked at your card I saw a Tim Holtz like style with a feminine twist. Just lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Absolutely gorgeous card! Thanks for sharing it with us!

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a beautiful card, just love the browns and blues together so much!

    ReplyDelete
  13. WOW, EMMA!!! You have taken these new supplies/goodies & gone THE EXTRA MILE with them!!! STUNNING with what you've done with all the goodies! WOW!!! I AM IN LOVE WITH EACH PRODUCT NOW!!! ;) ABSOLUTELY STUNNING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ;)<3

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is a beautiful card that any mom would love to receive!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Stunning! Amazing textures and layers, simply fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Lovely touches on the card! Just beautiful and rustic!

    ReplyDelete
  17. WOW! These are beautiful and I love those gold details you've used, especially behind the sentiment die. Beautiful job!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love your card. A lot of detail and very beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Gorgeous Cosmos...love the blues and beautifully designed!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Wow, that's just stunning! Love all the beautiful layers.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Beautiful designs and love the color you used on the flowers! Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Amazing! Love all of the texture! This is another card front that I would frame...although the frame would not have glass as I would want that texture to be touched. Thanks for using the dragging technique to create the color, showing just another way to be creative. thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Absolutely gorgeous card! Love all the details...
    Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Beautiful card! Love the color combo of browns with the brighter blue - the flowers really pop!

    ReplyDelete
  25. GORGEOUS! I love all the layers!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Love those cosmos. That color is so beautiful. The background is definitely on my list. Nicely done.

    ReplyDelete
  27. This is gorgeous and I'll bet your Mom would want to pop this into a little frame and have it out for all to see. This was an inspiring way to end this blog hop!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Love that deep blue with the browns.

    ReplyDelete
  29. Such gorgeous layers...Love the color palette picked by you...Thanks for sharing!!

    ReplyDelete
  30. oh my, this card is gorgeous - LOVE all the textures and layers on it:)

    ReplyDelete
  31. Oh Wow !!! absolutely gorgeous card !!! Lucky Mom.

    ReplyDelete
  32. Just LOVE your card!! The colors and the textures are so creative and work beautifully!!

    ReplyDelete
  33. Love all the texture on this card. Those cosmos flowers are gorgeous. Definitely a must have die!

    ReplyDelete
  34. Gorgeous! I love the blue cosmos flowers. Your layering and details are amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  35. WOW, gorgeous! Love the blue cosmos flowers and all the layering.

    ReplyDelete
  36. Beautiful card, fit to be framed and hung on the wall.

    ReplyDelete
  37. WOW your card is awesome! Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  38. Amazing card. The colors are beautiful (I love the blue flowers), and the Cosmos Stem die is one of my favorites from this fantastic release.

    ReplyDelete
  39. Marvelous card, love the blue shades you used for the flowers...they are eye candy for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  40. I am speechless - such gorgeous card!! Very beautiful design and layering!! The blue is such a vibrant and fabulous color!! Thank you so much for sharing this with us!!

    ReplyDelete
  41. Wow!!! This is GORGEOUS!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  42. Beautiful card and love the bright blue flowers. Thanks for sharing.

    Linda D.

    ReplyDelete
  43. This card is absolutely stunning! I love all of the layers, but I have to guess this will be hand delivered or else mailed in a box. Again, just gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  44. Such a wonderful textural mixed media piece - gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  45. I love your card! It has a lot of interest!

    ReplyDelete
  46. this would be hanging in a
    prominent place - it is
    gorgeous. The layering
    is fantastic. You can tell
    lots of love went into this.
    thanks for sharing
    txmlhl(at)yahoo(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  47. Your card is beautiful with its texture and "natural" look

    ReplyDelete
  48. really nice work good composition and color

    ReplyDelete
  49. I really like that cosmo die and that blue is just gorgeous! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  50. So many amazing layers, and I really love the flowers in blue. Awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  51. I love the idea of making your own bouquets!

    ReplyDelete
  52. What mom wouldn't be thrilled to receive a card like yours. There are so many elements woven together & the blue flowers really make the whole card pop. Great card!

    ReplyDelete
  53. Wow all that layering and it is so beautiful. Great job.

    ReplyDelete
  54. just luv the texture and the layers. and the blue!!! <3

    ReplyDelete
  55. Absolutely Gorgeous!! I just love the blue and gold detail! Stunning job!
    Have a wonderful day,
    Migdalia Rodriguez
    Migdalia's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  56. Lovely palette and design on this gorgeous card, thanks for sharing your creativity.

    ReplyDelete
  57. Holy cow! Saving the delicious card for last this hop. What a pile of yummy details.

    ReplyDelete
  58. Stunning to say the least.

    ReplyDelete
  59. I just love the colors and textures!

    ReplyDelete
  60. Beautiful Card. I really like the colors

    ReplyDelete
  61. Emma, I love the blue color that you created for the flowers. Such a pretty card. TYFS

    ReplyDelete
  62. Such a wonderful natural feel to this card...love it.

    ReplyDelete
  63. This card is wonderful. Love your combinations of color and texture.

    ReplyDelete
  64. Beautiful card. I love the use of the geometric background and the flowers

    ReplyDelete
  65. Fun project, Emma!! Love your colors and all the detail!!

    ReplyDelete
  66. Wow that blue flower is beautiful

    ReplyDelete
  67. So great! I love your lovely card!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  68. Such lovely layering and your colors are fantastic. This is quite the elegant card!

    ReplyDelete
  69. Beautiful colors and dimension! Love the flowers!

    ReplyDelete
  70. Wow! Wow! Wow! Your card is just amazing, Emma! I just love the bright vibrant flowers and the great design! Super special! Thanks so much for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  71. I really like the pop of bright blue from the flowers on your intricately layered but still quite muted background.

    ReplyDelete
  72. Fantastic, awesome, utterly stunning design. The colours you chose made everything blend together so well, your mom is an extremely lucky person to receive a design like this, must show it my family. Thank you so much for sharing your idea.x

    ReplyDelete
  73. This is a work of art. I love all the layers and dimension and all of the texture on this card. It is so lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  74. I love vintage as well and this card has it all! So many layers, textures, and embellishments. Just stunning! In my opinion this hop went out with a bang!!

    ReplyDelete
  75. Love the idea of using that floral die without stem, gives a new dimension. Gorgeous creation.

    ReplyDelete
  76. Gorgeous card! I love all the texture.

    ReplyDelete
  77. The color contrast is absolutely amazing! I love how the blue flowers pop up!!

    ReplyDelete
  78. Love your unique card, Emma! Those blue Cosmos look absolutely stunning on your muted background. I really like all of the layers you've created.

    ReplyDelete
  79. Lovely card! Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  80. I have to have these floral dies. Card is lovely!ty!

    ReplyDelete
  81. Such a sweet card today. I love how you embossed the stencil in gold, and those cosmos are a must have!! Thanks for the inspiration!! :)
    Angie
    abcammack@comcast.net

    ReplyDelete
  82. Love all the color & texture you put into your vintage style card!

    ReplyDelete
  83. Wow, your card is gorgeous, I thought at first it was a piece of art work to hang on a wall--it's awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  84. What you created is simply stunning. So beautiful the way you did. You were a great choice to end this today blog hop. Saving the best for last. Great inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  85. Beautiful card! Love all the different elements and textures you used. Fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
  86. Wow! Definitely a work of art from the heart!! Simply stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  87. Beautiful card! Love that color blue. It just pops!

    ReplyDelete
  88. Love this--so many great details.

    ReplyDelete
  89. Beautiful details and mix of embellishments on your card!

    ReplyDelete
  90. Beautiful card, love all of its elements and details.

    ReplyDelete
  91. This is so beautiful and unique! I love all the detail, just wow!

    ReplyDelete
  92. Wow,Wow,Wow!! My jaw just dropped open when I saw your beautiful card!! The receiver should definitely frame it!!

    ReplyDelete
  93. Fantastic card and the layering is awesome! those b;ue flowers are pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  94. Emma, your card is the pièce de résistance as the final card of the blog hop - GORGEOUS!!! I'm so impressed with all the designers creativity and talent!

    ReplyDelete
  95. Stunning card ... so much gorgeous detail

    ReplyDelete
  96. What a gorgeous card. Any mom would be so happy to receive it. Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  97. Gorgeous! I love all the little special touches and details you added!

    ReplyDelete
  98. Absolutely Gorgeous Card, Emma . Your handcrafted cards are always of a superior quality and this one is definitely that. Love it
    Big hugs x

    Slowly catching up - sorry for the delay. x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for all your comments and messages, they are all appreciated and I hope you'll come back and visit again soon...
Emma ~xx

Powered By Blogger

Total Pageviews