Friday 17 November 2017

Do You Want To Build A Snowman?

Hello friends!

Hope you've all had a great week and looking forward to the weekend! Today, I'm back to share another of my projects that I've made for the Tim Holtz Holiday Inspiration Series! This project was so much fun to create and I love the scene that you can build up, using all the dies that are provided in the Snowman Scene set ~ you even have the pieces to add the fallen snow on his hat and shoulders, that adorable little scarf and the twigs for his arms...it really does create the cutest snowman ever!

So, let the fun begin ~ it's time to build a snowman!

To begin with I cut my background from watercolour card using the first landscape die in the set, the one with the peaks. I then added some snow to the die cut hills by lightly brushing the edges of the card with Matte Collage Medium and then sprinkling some Rock Candy Dry Glitter over the top. Allow this to dry.
For the night sky, I used a piece of navy blue card, approx 14.5 x 11.5cm. I placed the second landscape die onto the edge of the card and cut. Then, to create the snow effect, I inked up the Flurry stamp with the Versamark Ink Pad and stamped the snow across the top section of my blue card. I then sprinkled the white embossing powder over the top, tapped away the excess and heat embossed the powder until molten.

I then inked the edges of the card using Picket Fence Distress Ink before matting this section onto another piece of blue card, using foam pads to create dimension and leaving a border showing around the outside.
I attached the snowy hills onto the midnight blue background, again using foam pads for dimension.
For the next layer, which I mounted my background onto, I cut a panel of silver metallic kraft stash, 15 x 12cm and using the Starry Layering Stencil, I applied Grit Paste through the stencil onto the top section of the card. I then sprinkled Rock Candy Glitter over the top and allowed this to dry.

Once the paste is thoroughly dry, I then matted the panel of silver embossed card onto a piece of blue card, followed by white woodgrain card.

I then mounted the matted panels onto a piece of chipboard, measuring 14 x 17cm, which I painted with Brushed Pewter Distress Paint. To complete the chipboard panel, I ran a Black Soot Distress Crayon around the edge and blended out the colour with my fingers.

Now to build the snowman and once again, I used watercolour card for the body. I just like the textured effect this card creates...it really does look like snow.

I built up the snowman by die cutting each individual section and inking around the edges with Pumice Stone Distress Ink. For his hat and arms, I used the black card from the Classic Kraft Stash and then added his scarf and the band on his hat, which I cut from the Christmas Kraft Stash. Then all you have to do, is build up your snowman which is so easy as all the pieces really do just fit together. I added some glitter onto the edges of the snowman to create frosty look.
I attached my snowman onto the background by attaching him onto two of the Wood Slices...this creates a really good depth to the whole piece and adds some wonderful dimension to the snowman.
I placed foliage around the snowman by die cutting pieces from the Classic Kraft Stash and frosting them with a dusting of Rock Candy Glitter sprinkled over the top of Matte Collage Medium.

To ground my snowman, I added a small cut section of cheesecloth, which I arranged around the base of his body.
To complete the scene, I die cut the moon from silver and gold metallic card, using the die in the set and then layered the gold over the top of the silver. I then attached the moon to the night sky background and added a mirrored star and a Christmas Clippings Sticker.
As the finishing touch, I used the 25 from the Christmas Typography set and applied Brushed Pewter onto the numbers before dusting them with glitter. I attached the numbers in the top right hand corner.
I thought this project would look really cool as a hanging decoration, so I added it to a display hanger and tied a crinkle bow onto the hanger and added "A Christmas Dream" clipping sticker...
...but you could also use these ideas to create a card, a notebook cover, anything you choose...just have fun and enjoy building a snowman!
Thanks so much for stopping by today and I'll see you Monday with another project for the SSS Monday Challenge!

See you soon and have a great weekend...Emma x

Cheesecloth from my own stash

4 comments:

  1. Aw Wow! This is so so cool! Emma. You have worked those TH products superbly yet again and created the most eye catching scene and super super snowman . He sure does look wintry warm! Classy, stylish and so appealing- whats not to LOVE ? Big hugs and hope you have a wonderful weekend xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Burrr ... He's oh so cute ! Beautiful scene created with the product... you already know my next line ... <3

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for all your comments and messages, they are all appreciated and I hope you'll come back and visit again soon...
Emma ~xx

Powered By Blogger

Total Pageviews