Monday 28 October 2013

Fright Night...

Hello friends!!

Hope you all had a good weekend and looking forward to another week!! If you live in the south of the UK, I think you'll definitely agree, we had a bit of an adventurous start to today!! I was woken around 4am to driving wind and rain and by 6:00 this morning, and after one humongous gust, I thought I was no more and my little house was going to be ripped up out of the ground and on it's way to Oz!! Now anyone who knows me, knows that I HATE windstorms, I can't even watch Twister, lol!! So, to say I was a little petrified, might be an understatement...lol!! Luckily, it seems as if the worst is over now and it's actually been a beautiful day and I hope that anyone who was in the path of this storm is safe and well!!

In the meantime, I've been playing with Distress Stains and Tim Holtz's Halloween Cutout Stamps and this is what I've made. As always, I hope you like it....
The background was created using Distress Stains applied to my craft mat and then spritzed with water before swooshing the card through to pick up the colour. Once I was happy and a little bit of distress ink later, I started stamping onto the background.

To finish this card, I added some Tim Holtz/Sizzix die cuts from the Pediments die, stars from the Crescent Moon and Stars die covered in Distress Glitter and the bat from the Movers and Shapers Mini Bat and Skull set.
I added some doodling with a white pen around the edge and an Idea-ology Skull and Crossbones metal adornment and a stamped Happy Halloween from the Simple Sayings stamp set.
The orange tree which I dyed with Dylusions Sprays and the little freestanding die cuts are actually for another project but I just thought they looked so cool with this card, that I left them there for the pics!!

Well, that's it from me for today and as always, thank you so much for all your visits ~ I really do appreciate them all. Hope you all have a storm free and lovely evening!!
Bye for now...love Emma xxx

8 comments:

  1. Love your creation Emma, very spooky looking!

    Glad you managed to endure the storm & got some lovely sunshine too:-) x

    ReplyDelete
  2. How fab, glad you have come through the storm safely.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just love this and that background it's fantastic x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Really like your project Emma great for Halloween

    ReplyDelete
  5. Spookilicious Emma, just perfect for this week and this weather....glad that you are o.k. ...hugs...x

    ReplyDelete
  6. love it aaaaaaaaaaaaaawesome mwaahahahahahahaha.......xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. That
    Is
    Just
    Amazing

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for all your comments and messages, they are all appreciated and I hope you'll come back and visit again soon...
Emma ~xx

Powered By Blogger

Total Pageviews