Monday 1 February 2010

Good Enough To Eat!

The reason that I love working with rubber stamps is because they're so versatile and there is just so much that you can do with them. You can colour your image in to match your papers or to suit the person that you are making the card for. You can use them with shrink plastic or a melt pot and make enamel works of art for your cards. But one of the other things that I love to do with rubber stamps, is the masking technique.

This card is one that I made using that exact technique and two different cupcake images from Kanban's new range of acrylic stamps.
So how do I do the technique... 
On a piece of cream coloured card, I stamp my first image of the cupcake in the middle of the card, using a Versafine ink pad. Then, using the same image, I stamp it again but this time I stamp it onto a post-it note, making sure that when I come to cut the image out from the post-it note, some of the re-adherable strip of adhesive on the back of the note will remain, so that I will be able to layer it over my first image that was stamped onto the cream card.

Once the post-it note image is cut out and layered on top of my first image on the cream card, I then used another cupcake stamp and stamp that image, either side of my previous cupcake. Ok, *smiling* yes, it might sound complicated but really it isn't and once you get the hang of it, it's easy...I promise.

But what you are left with one complete image and a whole line of cupcakes, ready to be coloured in with whatever medium you choose to use. I chose Promarkers, used Distress Inks around the edge and then added some Stickles glitter glue to highlight the frosting on top.
Now all that remains is to matt and layer my stamped image onto some beautiful pink and brown papers, which I thought worked perfectly for a cupcake card ~ makes me think of dark chocolate cupcakes with a creamy pale pink frosting...Mmmmmm, SO good!! And once that is all done, I added a ribbon and a tag which I covered in small punched flowers and a small greetings plaque as the final touch and there you go, a card that looks good enough to eat.

1 comment:

  1. I was wondering when you would get around to making a dessert themed card...and if a card could be described as "delicious", then THIS ONE certainly qualifies! :p

    And brilliant how you used a post-it-note to layer the cupcake images...You're right, it sounds complicated but I pictured what you were doing and it made perfect sense!

    Beautiful colours, pink and brown are perfect...It's just a DELICIOUS card, baby! ;) Fabulous job! <333

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for all your comments and messages, they are all appreciated and I hope you'll come back and visit again soon...
Emma ~xx

Powered By Blogger

Total Pageviews