Thursday 31 December 2009

Happy New Year!


I made these menus for a friend's New Year's Eve dinner party that they're having tonight and seeing as it is NYE, I thought it would be appropriate to share them with you. I handpainted these wonderfully, funny little cat images with watercolours and then highlighted some areas with Sakura glitter pens.

For the menu plaque, I wanted to use a specific colour and as always, no matter how much paper or card I have, and believe me, it's a LOT, I can NEVER find the right piece and shade that I need! So, in this instance, I used ink to paper technique and with the help of a Brilliance Dew Drop ink pad in Cosmic Copper, I found the exact colour I wanted.  After stamping the word menu with my alphabet stamps, I added the final touch of little cat paws as these naughty cats scamper across the card, ready to sing their little hearts out and bring in the next decade....




So, as the final hours of 2009 tick down, I just wanted to say...


Wherever you're going and whatever you're doing...
Have fun tonight, be safe
and
 hope you all have a wonderful, happy and peaceful 2010!!
HAPPY NEW YEAR!!

1 comment:

  1. HAHAHA! The cats are fantastic!!! :D I'm sure these will be a hit at the party!!!


    ...and Happy New Year, honey! :* <333

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for all your comments and messages, they are all appreciated and I hope you'll come back and visit again soon...
Emma ~xx

Powered By Blogger

Total Pageviews