Sunday 17 August 2008

Album cover of the week....Depeche Mode: Violator

Depeche Mode: Violator
Released: March 20, 1990
Collectors Edition Re-released: February 2, 2006

Violator cover


The first time I heard this band was one Sunday afternoon whilst listening to the UK chart rundown. I fell in love with their style of music straightaway and have never looked back since.  A wonderful live band that to date, I have seen 9 times and never been disappointed, Depeche Mode and their music play a large part in my life, with many happy memories to accompany them.

Violator is the album that I have probably played most in my collection, from the first track through to the last, for me it's almost, perfect!  As is the cover, a single rose stem on a black background, simple yet striking artwork and an image that was to be used throughout the 'Violator' promotional campaign and an image that quickly became an iconic album cover.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for all your comments and messages, they are all appreciated and I hope you'll come back and visit again soon...
Emma ~xx

Powered By Blogger

Total Pageviews