Monday 30 June 2008

Style Icons....




On June 10th 2008, as part of a fundraising event, Duran Duran (above) became the first band to ever perform at the Louvre Museum in Paris.

Currently, the band are on a world tour promoting their "Red Carpet Massacre" album that was released late last year but my love affair with Duran Duran first began one Saturday afternoon in December 1981, when I saw them performing My Own Way on Jim'll Fix It!  I'd heard their three previous singles and loved them but it was at THAT point, watching them perform this new single, that I finally sat up and took notice.  In those few minutes, I'd become a Duranie!

On the following Monday, I went to my local Our Price record shop and bought everything they had ever released, on EVERY available format and it wasn't going to be too long before I'd be back at Our Price for the release of their next album...."Rio".

To be continued....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for all your comments and messages, they are all appreciated and I hope you'll come back and visit again soon...
Emma ~xx

Powered By Blogger

Total Pageviews