Thursday 20 July 2017

Get Hip For Summer...

Hello everyone...

I'm just dropping by today to share another Hipster card that I created for the Tim Holtz/Sizzix "Get Hip For Summer" challenge! The challenge ends tomorrow, 21st July...so if you're quick, you still have time to join in all the fun!

For this card, my Hipster is one who travels the world and is a bit of a chick about town! He wears a smart suit, cool sunglasses and there's not a hair out of place...you could say, Billy the Chick (named after Billy Idol because he reminded me of him) the smartest dude around!
As you can see there's lots of layers and dimension to this card and I used plenty of Sizzix/Tim Holtz dies to create the background for my chick.
I combined the Hipster die and stamp set to create my layered image which I coloured with Distress Marker Pens. The sunglasses frames are die cut from black card and then I added acetate coloured with an alcohol marker to create the glass.
The background for the card is made using the Newsprint stamp from Tim Holtz and coloured with Distress Crayons. I then matted it onto different layers of card and corrugated card before mounting it onto my card blank.

I cut the Mini Globe from gold Metallic Kraft Stock and then applied alcohol ink over the top to make it look more worn and shabby.
For the wording I used the Traveler Word Dies from the Metallic Kraft stock and then alcohol inked the positive section of the panel before matting it onto gold Deco Sheets. I then added the brighter gold lettering back into place, which just gave it a nice contrast!
To complete the card, I layered all the die cut elements onto my stamped background adding ephemera piece, dyed cheesecloth and some idea-ology pieces ~ Sprocket Gears and the camera from the Souvenir Adornment Set.
Thanks so much for stopping by today and hope you enjoyed meeting and getting to know Billy The Chick!
See you again soon...Emma x

4 comments:

  1. Fabulous card my friend... gonna have to call you detail/layering Tim Holtz goodness Queen !! LOL <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are amazing! Love the design, colors, playfulness and your ever attention to details! Wow!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Billy Rocks! Emma Loved meeting him and his journey around the world. Sure he's 'hot in the city' wherever he goes. ;)
    hugs x

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is an incredibly hip card. Your Billy the Chick rocks the hipsters.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for all your comments and messages, they are all appreciated and I hope you'll come back and visit again soon...
Emma ~xx

Powered By Blogger

Total Pageviews