Welcome to a brand new week and a brand new challenge over on the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge Blog and our theme for this week is, The Monster Mash! Whether you're loving Tim Holtz's new monster die cuts or have a monster (big) project to take on, maybe you have zombie stamps or want to create your own stitched up project ~ we're taking on a monster of a theme and can't wait to see what you create!
For my project, I created a little box of treats using Tim's vampire die and surrounding it with some spine chilling objects ~ so read on if you must but beware for a project with a monster bite!!
...and here's how I made it!
To begin with I made my own matchbox complete with a sliding drawer. You can see another version of this drawer HERE! I painted the box black, inside and out and then covered the outside and lined the inside with papers from the Beyond Regions paper stash. I added a hitch fastener to the drawer so that it would have a little knob to pull the drawer in and out!
For the next stage I needed to create all my embellishments and started by making the vampire! This is such a wonderful dimensional die and so easy to create ~ all instructions are included with the die and all you need to do is cut it in papers and colours of your choice.
For my mask I used Distress Core'Dinations Card for the clothing and for the vampire's face, I used Mixed Media card as I wanted him to have a pale, sallow complexion.
To create the shading on the mask, I used Hickory Smoke and Pumice Stone Distress Inks, adding Festive Berries into the mix for the drop of blood and his lips.
So that I could stand my vampire up, I added a small easel shaped piece of card at the back.
For my next embellishment, I used the Coffin Box die and made the box from black card which I dry brushed with a coat of Brushed Pewter Distress Paint. I added a small shield die cut from metallic card and then attached one of the skulls. I placed the lid inside the coffin at an angle, added some cheesecloth that I dyed with Spiced Marmalade and Hickory Smoke Distress Stain Sprays and some wishbones.
I then die cut some bats from black Core'Dinations card using the Hocus Pocus die and attached these to black coiled wire before attaching them to the coffin to give the appearance of them flying around.
For the other embellishments, I added mini corked vials, crackled with Rock Candy Distress Crackle Paint and added various vial labels complete with Remnant Rubs.
For the final piece of this spooky box, I dyed a woodland wreath using Hickory Smoke Distress Stain Spray and added the wording Beware, which I cut from red Core'Dinations card and embossed with clear embossing powder before attaching it across the centre of the wreath.
As a finishing touch, I attached a Word Band which I altered with some Picket Fence Distress Paint and attached it across the front of my box and mounted my whole box on a cotton reel as a stand....
I really hope you've enjoyed the process behind my Halloween table decoration and as always, if you need any further inspiration for this challenge, then you need look no further than our blog to see all the wonderful creations from all the very talented Design Team members. Plus, every week, one lucky random participant has the chance to win a $50 gift voucher from Simon Says Stamp. Good luck....
Thank you so much for all your visits today and hope you all have a great week ahead