Thursday 27 November 2014

Joyous

Today, I'm just popping by to say, Happy Thanksgiving to all my friends in the USA ~ I hope you all have a wonderful celebration and you are sharing this special day with loved ones!

As for me, it's a busy day ahead as I've got plenty of tutorials to write and photos to edit ~ yep, it's one of those days! But I'm just popping by today to say hello and to share a couple of cards that I created for the November issue of Making Cards Magazine. If you're a reader of the magazine, then some of you might have seen the first card on the front cover, which is always such a huge honour!

For this set of cards, I wanted to create something more traditional and used the Joyous paper collection from My Mind's Eye and the Tattered Poinsettia die from Tim Holtz to make these vintage shabby chic Christmas cards, which I hope you will love!



Both cards feature the white poinsettias, which I decided to ink with Antique Linen Distress Ink and surround with holly leaves. The second card has a stamped greeting from the Tim Holtz Deco Christmas stamp set.




Thank you so much for stopping by today and as always for all your lovely comments!
See you soon ~ love Emma xx

11 comments:

  1. What beautiful cards. Love the papers and that die is just stunning. Thanks for the inspiration Emma.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such beautiful cards, so traditional and of course classy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love these Vintage Christmas cards Emma! That's great to make the cover!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely vintage cards Emma, love the clean fresh design. Gorgeous papers combined with your poinsettias . Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Stunning cards Emma. I do love those papers. Hugs Rita xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful cards Emma, the 2nd is my favourite xxx Hugs, Julie xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Both cards are Beautiful ! Could you tell me what you used in the centers of the flowers. It looks gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your lovely comment! For the centres of the flowers, I used Stampendous Crushed Glass Glitter in Champagne which I sprinkled over a small pool of Glossy Accents and allowed to dry!

      Hope that helps and if you need to ask anything else, just let me know! x

      Delete
  8. Both are so beautiful! Love these.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi,
    Both of your cards are just fabulous! The poinsettias really give them that wow factor. So beautiful & inspiring!
    Hugs,
    Lisa
    CRe8n4u

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for all your comments and messages, they are all appreciated and I hope you'll come back and visit again soon...
Emma ~xx

Powered By Blogger

Total Pageviews