Friday 8 November 2013

Full of Eastern Promise...

Hello friends...

Today, I'm sharing the final of my Clarity DT samples and as always, I hope you love what I've made!!
When I saw the stencils and stamps that I used on this first card, straightaway, I thought ~ Asian and decided to try and capture that look for my card using the Gelli Plate to create my background. I stamped the Filigraphy frame onto a separate piece of inked card and embossed it with gold powder. Finally, I added a embellishment of UTEE which I stamped into using another of the stamps in the set.



The second card uses both of the Filigraphy Leaves in the stamp set and I wanted to make this one very elegant and also a complete contrast to the first card. So, for this card I kept it monochrome, cream and black always work perfectly and just heat embossed the images to give texture and an opulent feel.


Finally, the kingfisher stamp and again, when I saw this stamp set...my little grey cells thought this needs a watery background but with a twist and as a huge admirer of Monet's beautiful Water Lilies, I decided that maybe I could create something along those lines. So, once again I used the Gelli Plate and  came up with this "Monet type" background and then matted the image of the kingfisher, which I coloured with Promarkers over the top.


So, I really hope you love what I've created and the thought process behind all of these cards...thank you so much for stopping by today and I'll look forward to reading all your comments!!

Have a great weekend and even though it's going to be a busy one for me, I know that come evening time I'll be glued to Saturday and Sunday night tv...can you believe it's the last of Downton Abbey?? *sigh* ~ time flies when you're having fun...

See you all next week...love Emma xxx

4 comments:

  1. Once again, it's not just the quality but the sheer quantity of your gorgeous projects! You are Amazing Lady!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You never cease to amaze me Emma, stunning artwork, I love them all but the monet-esque background is gorgeous as is the richness of the red/orange background of the first eastern themed card, keep leading the way xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Two completely different cards both elegant & stunning Emma. You are a very talented lady, enjoy visiting your Blog to see & get inspiration from your Artwork:-) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Three amazing cards AND all so very different, you are so talented

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for all your comments and messages, they are all appreciated and I hope you'll come back and visit again soon...
Emma ~xx

Powered By Blogger

Total Pageviews