Friday 15 January 2010

Pretty In Pink

I thought today, I'd give you something a little bit different from my recent posts and this card was made using the new acrylic stamps and backing papers from Kanban featuring the characters called, Patchwork Pals.

On this particular card, I cut out squares of backing paper and pieced them together, to give the feel of patchwork behind my main image. Then using the Epic 6 die cutting machine, I die cut the matts for the layering behind Bonnie, the little girl character.

I then hand stamped two images of Bonnie, using Archival Ink, onto white card and using Promarkers,  coloured in the image in co-ordinating colours to match the background papers. Once that is done, I cut out Bonnie's t-shirt, jeans, shoes and ribbon from the second image and decoupaged these on top of the first image to give the definition.

Once all this is done, the rest is easy...it's just a matter of putting the card together and adding the final touches of ribbon and greetings. And there it is....

1 comment:

  1. Once again, the layering of Bonnie is really fabulous..so much more than what a flat image would give..and the matts you're now creating with the die-cutting machine are adding an even greater dimension to your art!

    Very cute card, I just love it! Brilliant work, baby! :) <333

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for all your comments and messages, they are all appreciated and I hope you'll come back and visit again soon...
Emma ~xx

Powered By Blogger

Total Pageviews