Wednesday 7 May 2008

Ok boys and girls, here we go....

Welcome to my blog and my second post and it's all about the Orient......

Firstly, the photo isn't one of the best but with my camera it's the best I can do!  Hopefully they will get better....


I love the striking images and artwork of the Orient.  Geishas, kimonos, dragons, all combined with the beautiful, soft tones and colours that are used throughout and many of these images do feature in my cards.

The card above was made by first covering the cardstock using some beautiful Dovecraft paper.  I then stamped a background using permanent ink pads on which I decoupaged a cut out image of a stamped and hand coloured image of a Geisha.  This was matted onto mirri card and then using foam pads for dimension, attached to the card.  I then applied glossy accents to the watercoloured and stamped image of the waterlily and again using foam pads for dimension stuck this to the card.  Finally a ribbon, bow and message were added to complete the card.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for all your comments and messages, they are all appreciated and I hope you'll come back and visit again soon...
Emma ~xx

Powered By Blogger

Total Pageviews